Can you sell a dead donkey....?

A city boy, Vicky, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for Rs. 100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died last night."

 

Vicky replied: "Well then, just give me my money back."

 

The farmer said: "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

 

Vicky said: "OK then, just unload the donkey.."

 

The farmer asked: "What ya gonna do with him?"

Vicky: "I'm going to raffle him off." (Note: To raffle is to sell a thing by lottery - draw lot - to a group of people each paying the same amount for a ticket)

 

Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

 

Vicky: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

 

A month later the farmer met up with Vicky and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Vicky: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two rupees a piece and made a profit of Rs. 898".

 

Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"

Vicky: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his two rupees."

Replies (1)

Good One.....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details