ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can icai reduce marks in certified copies?

Jaimin (M Com, CA) (408 Points)

16 March 2017  
Dear Expert, I have passed CA Final Exams in Nov 16 and applied for the certified copies of all subjects. The last date to receive certified copy was 15th Mach, 2017. However, i have not received the same. Now today i called them. They told me that there is some discrepancy in your results. So, you will receive it after the correction. I am worried now whether they will reduce my marks in the results. I have also received Statement of Marks matching with my online results. Can ICAI do so? Pls reply at the earliest.

21 Replies

Suresh Pai S (Senior Audit Assistant) (1003 Points)
Replied 16 March 2017

I applied for certified copies and got additional 2 marks. It is as per section 39(4) of the regulations. The can surely revise your marks after verification. It can go upward or downward. Discrepancy in the result doesn't sound good. I guess it was better not to apply.
1 Like

Replied 16 March 2017

Please share the result when you receive it. Keep calling them. They will prioritize on the basis of call.

Replied 18 March 2017

Once I attended national convention of ICAI wherein BOS Chairman V Murliji himself mentioned that when someone has scored 50 instead of 60 by mistake then we will correct it to 60 but we won't do vice versa. In my case I wasn't satisfied with marks in 2-3 subjects. Even otherwise I haven't heard about reduction of marks in copies. It may differ from what is mentioned in statement of marks/online results. I hope you get my point.

Replied 18 March 2017

I am unsure. I think you shall wait for the mark sheet. You may ask about your worries to themselves. They were friendly.

Replied 18 March 2017

Okay I will do that. Thank you so much for showing interest.
1 Like

Tony John (Chartered Accountant) (6085 Points)
Replied 18 March 2017

I am also of the understanding that marks can go upward or downward. You must wait for the marklist and contact them for clarifications as already suggested by Suresh ji.

1 Like

rahul agrawal (Student CA Final ) (45 Points)
Replied 18 March 2017

I had applied for the certified copies on 21.01.2017.
Not yet received.
They had said the same word "Discrepancy".
What does this Signify?

Replied 19 March 2017

I think you must keep them asking until you are clear. Even in my case they were not giving a clarity to what was happening. But I kept on asking until I got the clarity.

Replied 24 March 2017

Dear all, i received the certified copies today. In SFM, i got 1 mark increase due to totalling error but apart from that the checking is very rough in this particular subject. Given that the paper being very hard, checker has given me zero marks or very less marks in few questions where my answers were perfect. Atleast 10 less marks have been awarded to me in that particular subject. I can't share my certified copies here in public domain otherwise those who see it will definitely say that the checking should have been better. Those who want specific such example can text me in private. Further in 1-2 subjects the marks could have been better. Apart from this very much satisfied with checking. Thank you everyone for the instant response to my query.

2 Like

Replied 24 March 2017

Can you tell me those events in which the marks of a CA counts?

Replied 24 March 2017

Dear Pai sir,

I had applied for certified copies not because i am dissatisfied with the marks but i applied for it just to get the idea that how the marks are actually being awarded. My expectation was 520 and i got 520 exact. Futher, i have heard from many students pursuing CA that ICAI doesn't give marks or they manipulate marks. I appiled for the copies just to answer them that how transperant our institue is and what to write to get expected marks. For me the increase of 1 mark doesn't matter but for those who get 195-200 perhaps i can provide guidance to get past 200. As i said in earlier post in few questions marks could have been better but none the less the checking is not discriminatory. Sometimes, even for the same answer a person may get different marks from two different checkers. It's subjective matter and we as a student can't control it. The only thing in our hand is to write quality answers. My only aim to get certified copy was to help other students write quality answers and get through the exams because ultimately everyone needs to pass the exams to get the degree and only knowledge will not earn you a degree. I hope i was able to answer your question. Thank you.

2 Like

Replied 24 March 2017

Yes. That's a nice initiative. All the very best. The lack of clarity about the Valuation is a major issue as you told. Your help will be pure gold.
1 Like

Aman (A/c execute) (38 Points)
Replied 09 April 2017

Hi Jaimin,

Please Check PM

Send me your certified copies friend, I'll be grateful to you mate !

Replied 10 April 2017

Hi Aman

Sorry but can't send you certifiied copies as it is not permitted. If you want any specific advice, i am available anytime. Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags