Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Faris Shuja Jalali   06 May 2021

Can I Run Online Business from my apartment that I own

Can I Run Online Business from my apartment that I own in Mumbai? the appartment is on the 11th floor, and courier agents come for pick ups of the parcels. I deal in dry fruits

8 Replies

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     06 May 2021

Yes you can do such business, no problem
Faris Shuja Jalali

Faris Shuja Jalali   06 May 2021

do i need the permission from the society?

CMA Poornima Madhava

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA)     06 May 2021

Check the bylaws of the society/association for such requirement. If bylaws require you to obtain permission then yes, else not required.

Lotus Choudhary

Lotus Choudhary   06 May 2021

Agree with Poornima ji.
yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     06 May 2021

If the apartment owner gives permission, it is possible. Otherwise, fine can be imposed due to any disturbances

Shubham Singh

Shubham Singh (Digital Marketer)     07 May 2021

You need to contact your local city hall to find out the regulations for starting a home based business because it is different in every state and country. Some places might require a letter from your landlord to give you a business license.

If you explain to your landlord that you will not have people in and out and it will be conducted solely over the internet they might not have a problem with it. Better to ask now than get evicted later.

- Shubham Singh,

Digital Marketer

Signature: We have developed a software called Real Estate CRM especially for Real Estate Sectors

Prachi Bansal

Prachi Bansal   10 May 2021

A discussion with the landlord would be the best way to go for actually doing an online business. Or just taking the consent of all the society members would be essential to actually start a business like that. The delivery guys coming in regularly might be a problem for many. 

Abhi Seth

Abhi Seth   14 May 2021

If you own the house not a flat, surely you can with no obligation, just go through the society norms if you live in a society. if you own a flat then surely you should go through the society laws for the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register