Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i do CA at the age of 29?

Hi all,

I am 29 years old and want to do CA . I am not working anywhere right now.I want to know whether i can start my CA now and be successful.

What are the chances of me being placed successfully after i complete my CA, as my age  will be atleast 33 by the time i complete it ?

Please suggest your opinions frankly.I have no commerce background and have not worked anywhere.

Best Regards,

Abhinay

37 Replies

Hitesh Kothari

Hitesh Kothari (Chartered Accountant M.No. - 134239)     21 April 2009

Dear Abhi,

A person at the age of 40 can appear for CA Final Exam seating next to me, then you are to at 29 only.

But you need to have self confidence to clear the exam.

Start with CPT Exam and Clear the same.

Complete the ITT Training conducted by ICAI.

Register for IPCC.

Clear one group of IPCC and you can start your articleship.

Clear second group and appear for FINAL Exam after completion of atleast 2 yrs of Articleship.

Thanks & Regards

Hitesh

2 Like
adula...

adula... (student)     21 April 2009

go ahead ...

even I am nearing to ur age and started CA now age doesn't matter

there is a Norm ...u shud not ask age and attempts to CA students

and you are asking about placements...it is more better to do CA instead of sitting idle

do your work promptly...no one can tell about the future...

karmnneyvaadhikarste maa phaleshu kadaachana

You have a duty, you have an obligation to do, but you have no right to expect a particular consequence or result or fruit to follow from what you do. This is a very difficult, pithy enunciation in the Bhagavadgita - that we have duties but we cannot expect any fruits from the duties that we perform.

good luck and all the very best for your future pursuits

2 Like
PRAVEEN KUMAR

PRAVEEN KUMAR (MBA (Finance) B.Com.(P))     21 April 2009

Yes you can start CA on 29th year of your life. but my dear friend. it means you will not earn much till next 3-4 years.  you have to do articleship. for atleast 2 years in which you will not earning much. only you will get stipend etc.

I suggest you to go for CS instead of CA in your age alongwith LLB from Delhi or other NCR university.

if you are financially sound than only go into CA. otherwise another 4-5 years will be very dificult for you.

i am also suffering from this. right now i m 32 years old i wanted to do CA in my younger age. but due to money problems i could not do that at that time. now i have earned something but not as much to sit idle.. (in articleship for 2 years) without getting any money. for my family and my livlihood.

I would like to Suggest ICAI to remove this articleship thing or replace it with expenreience in corporate sector for 2-3 years.  like ICWAI.

Thanks & all the best

Praveen

1 Like
pratik

pratik (CA)     21 April 2009

yes y not

CA-CWA RAVI

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry)     21 April 2009

mr. praveen nice suggestion !!!

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA) (Practicing CA)     21 April 2009

Hello Mr. Abhinay,

Very nice to hear that you are willing to do CA. But remember your age wont matter. In fact i will say you are just 29. And it will take you hardly 4 years say max of 5-6 years from now to clear CA.

But before you think that whether doing CA at the age of 29 will be feasible or not. Please consider the following case. Inface its a real case.

A person decided to do CA at the age of 56. His determination was strong at this age also and he took admission for the course. Inspite of opposition from his colligues (where he was working), family members, friends, etc, he joined the course. He cleared his PE-II exam and also did articleship that too sincerely (not dummy) and also cleared the Final Exams. He completed CA at the age of 60 years. He is a co-author to a book on MAFA for CA Final. His name is Mr. S. D. Bala. The book is MAFA by Pattabhi Ram and S. D. Bala, Snow White Publications

So now you can understand that i said that you are only 29. So , friend just go ahead. All the best to you. In case you need any help, do write.

Thank you.

6 Like
CA-CWA RAVI

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry)     21 April 2009

hey amol sir !!!

really motivated after reading story of Mr. Bala

iam reading from his book only

thnx a lot for sharing this

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA) (Practicing CA)     21 April 2009

Hi Ravi,

Please, no need to call me sir.. just call me by my first name, Amol. Its fine with me.

Any ways, all the best for your forthcoming exams. In case of any help, do write..

1 Like
CA.ViVeK M ACA

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT)     21 April 2009

Keep it up yaar,  you can study and achieve it.

BALU....

BALU.... (CCI STUDENT....)     21 April 2009

HELLO GUY

I AM VERY HAPPY OF SEEING YOUR REPLYES  BY HITESH, ADULA AND ANMOL...ITS GUD REPELY..

ABHI       ALL THE BEST YOU CAN DO GOAHED......

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth (C.A.Final (New) ICWAI FINAL (New))     21 April 2009

AGE  is not an obstacle  for studies 

Even an 60 Years old man is studying C.A.

So GO a head

All the best for ur studies  

1 Like
Atul Kumar

Atul Kumar (CA)     21 April 2009

There is no age limitation. You would be surprised to know some famous Law Book author completed CA at an age of 60 years. You are too young..............

1 Like
Manmohan ACA, CS

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant )     21 April 2009

there is No age bar for education, and CA is a professional course, so keep on   and don't be tence.

good luck

NITIN SHARMA

NITIN SHARMA (P2 RANKER,CA FINAL)     21 April 2009

Always keep following words in your mind

LATE IS BETTER THAN NEVER

go ahead

u r future ca

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register