Can i claim ITC in following case

I have renovated my shop through a interior designer

Case 1:. He charges me a lumpsum amount and also gst (his own material and stuff)

Case 2: I purchase the material (paid gst on same) and provide him , and he uses the material and charges only for his service (gst included )

So can I take the input,

If yes ,then Am I violating blocked credit section ( 17(5))
Please advise.

Replies (17)
The Shop (Building) is Your own...?
rented..
will it make diff if it is own?
no credit eligible
gahan can yu please elaborate ua answer??
Case 1 you can not take itc as per sec . 17(5)(c) of cgst act, 2017.
Case 2 you can not take itc as per sec. 17(5)(d) of cgst act, 2017.
If it's rented building then You can claim ITC for the Interior works. No more applicable sec 17(5)...

Hi Rishab,

 

Input of GST paid can be claimed if the supply is received in furtherence of business. And also explanation given in section 17 states that construction, if capitalised then only input is blocked. Therefore as long as construction caosts are being charged to P&L, input can be claimed. However if it is capitalised, then you may not be able claim input.

 

“construction” includes re-construction, renovation, additions or alterations or repairs, to the extent of capitalisation, to the said immovable property;

 

at RAJA PM ji please clear where its mention that if you doing business from rented place you can claim ITC on iterior work .... i cant understand it ... pls explain thank you
What you want exactly Ms. Mondira Saha MADAM., I don't know MADAM. Also MADAM, I know Govt can't give every single points in Rule... In case I give you any points then simply ask "How many clients you have go to check". So, I don't want this question...
and your reply is also wrong without any clearence you just reply if rented place then you can avail ITC ... how it possible ...why 17(5)(d) cgst not applicable ... pls clear and then answer
and you are not a responssible person how many client u have how many client i deal ... just mind your language ... and answer in sincerely not like a any biginnet elementry... and why you giggle on my reply ....
OMG... I THINK YOU STARTS AS PER LAST ARGUMENTS... GO TO CHECK LAST ARGUMENT HOW TO YOU KEEP "MIND YOUR LANGUAGE" THEN COME AND ASK AFTER I MIND MY LANGUAGE...
... do not confuse receipent ... never mind do not need to reply on your bullsh*t
if you do not face argument so this is not a suitable place for you .. ok ..

lack of professiolism . . .

instead of solving queries , members are argumenting @ cci platform 

disappoinment angry

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details