Can CA become a partner in LLP

I want know can a CA become a partner in any LLP? Is there any objection on CA's that he cannot be an partner in the LLP or company or Partnership firm.

Please can anyone help me in this, I have to incorporate new LLP in which can i add a CA as a partner.

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether a Chartered Accountant (CA) can become a partner in a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). The regulations, specifically Regulation 53B of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, permit CAs to partner with members of specific professional bodies like Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Advocates, Engineers, Architects, and Actuaries. The core question is whether a CA can be a designated partner in any new LLP, regardless of the business's nature.

Regulation 53B of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 covers partnership aspect.

The provisions of Section 2(2) of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, Clause 4 of Part I of First Schedule to the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 read with Regulation 53B of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 permit CAs to enter into partnership with the members of following professional bodies:

(a) Company Secretary, member, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, established under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980;

(b) Cost Accountant, member, The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India established under the Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959;

(c) Advocate, member, Bar Council of India established under the Advocates Act, 1961;

(d) Engineer, member, The Institution of Engineers, or Engineering from a University established by law or an institution recognized by law;

(e) Architect, member, The Indian Institute of Architects established under the Architects Act, 1972; (f) Actuary, member, The Institute of Actuaries of India, established under the Actuaries Act, 2006.

Thank You so much for your response. But I am not getting clear from this, let me explain it straight away

I am a CA, now I wanted to incorporate a new LLP can I incorporate a new LLP, with my post as designated partner. I read somewhere that the CA cannot be a partner in any type LLP irrespective of if he has carried out his family business. 

So please advise can a CA start any LLP not considering of the nature of business. 

Also refer::   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMfQWXD-HWY

&/or cas-forming-llps-now-allowed-to-become-statutory-auditors

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details