Share on Email

Share More

Can anyone help me????

shibendu banerjee (student)     24 September 2013

shibendu banerjee
student 
 1 likes  62 points

| My Other Post

A proprietor of nursing home(nursing home building is not owned by her, it is on rental agreement) has taken a professional loan of Rs. 15 Lak. In the FY 12-13 she repaid 3,79,000 including interest Rs. 1,74,000. She used such loan as following:
Give 10,00,000 to her employee as loan and the balance amount has been used for repair, maintenance and renovation of the nursing home building.
my question is whether she got the deduction as per income tax act for such interest on loan paid and for such building repair expenses ??
Please help me.
Thanking U all.
Regards
Shibendu Banerjee.

avater

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)     24 September 2013

CA LOVELY ARORA
C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate 
 189 likes  2141 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Sir,

No, the interest on such loan would not be allowed to her as deduction u/s 24(b). However, any repair expenses she bear on such building (being a tenant) would be allowed to her u/s 30.

Best Regards,
CA Lovely Arora
ca.lovelyarora @ gmail.com

1 Like
avater

shibendu banerjee (student)     24 September 2013

shibendu banerjee
student 
 1 likes  62 points

Thank U CA Lovely Arora for ur reply. Yea she should not get any deduction for payment of interest on such loan u/s 24(b). but my question is as the loan is a professional loan whether interest paid on such loan is deductible as business expense?

Regards

Shibendu Banerjee

avater

CA and CMA Ravinder Singh (CA and CMA)     25 September 2013

CA and CMA Ravinder Singh
CA and CMA 
 91 likes  853 points

the expenses incurred can be claimed as follows: 1) in relation to repairs and maintenance whole of such can be charged to P&L account 2) in relation to renovation expenses, capitalise it in the books and claim depreciation on it as per the provisions of section 32 under the concept of DEEMED BUILDING.

1 Like
avater

shibendu banerjee (student)     25 September 2013

shibendu banerjee
student 
 1 likes  62 points

Thanks Mr. Ravinder Singh for ur reply. i have no idea about the topic Deemed Building, i will defineately see section 32. thanks for such info. but can u say that if a part of  such professional loan has been given to employee as a loan as i told in my question, then interest paid on such loan  by the proprietor of nurshing home can charge it in the P/L a/c as per income tax act?? plz help me?? i cant find any ans on this issue.

Thanking U again

Shibendu Banerjee

avater

Mukesh Goel (CA,CFA)     25 September 2013

Mukesh Goel
CA CFA 
 6 likes  103 points

Hi Shibendu,

Since the loan is used for the purpose of buisness it will get deduction under the income tax act. As you said loan is given to employee, then we can have FBT (Fringe benefit tax) attracted here which the proprieter has to say on the interest benefit given to employee.

Thanks

Mukesh

1 Like
avater

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)     25 September 2013

CA LOVELY ARORA
C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate 
 189 likes  2141 points

Agree with Mr. Mukesh on levy of FBT on such perquisite, but i don't think such loan was used for the business.... it's given to employee... not used for business purpose.. 

Thus, if it's used for business, by employee, then, it's interest payment would be allowed in P&L otherwise not. and such transaction would attract FBT provisions.

1 Like
avater

CA and CMA Ravinder Singh (CA and CMA)     25 September 2013

CA and CMA Ravinder Singh
CA and CMA 
 91 likes  853 points

yes, you can charge the intt. paid on such loan in the p&l accnt. you are not required to pay any FBT as the provisions of FBT are not applicable to proprietorship.....the value of perquisite i.e. loan at concessional rate will be taxable in the hands of the employee.....

1 Like
avater

shibendu banerjee (student)     25 September 2013

shibendu banerjee
student 
 1 likes  62 points

Mr. Ravinder Singh, Mr. Mukesh Goel & Mr. Lovely Arora thank u all for sharing ur valuable knowledge. All are very helpful to me and i got my ans.
Thank u all

warm regards

Shibendu Banerjee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x