Easy Office

CA or ICWAI - which is good to chose

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Don't waste your time here, lets comment on Study related topic

1 Like

Dipankar DasSharma (Practicing Cost Accountant)   (34 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Mr.Rashid are you aware of the input output data of ICWAI & ICAI,people like you some times pass such exams for variety of reasons,but that does not mean everybody can get through. Many of my friends are a Qualified CA,but still struggling yo Pass Even Inter of ICWAI.

And for your kind information I am not only a Qualified Cost Accountant ,I am Also a Qualified CA and CS too. And I am solely Practicing as a Cost Accountant and doing pretty well.

3 Like

Subramanyam Challapalli (BOM) (105 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

For every one who has qualified ICWA first, there will be as many or even more who have qualified CA first. So, what is the point??? Your success in examination is combination of factors acting in tandem to give you that 'boasting success'. And If you generalise your experience and argue that what you have experienced is absolute reality - then you are least qualified professional. So, let me also begin to generalise like Anandhu and other CA jingoists: Approximately 6500 CAs were added to already exploding 1.75 lac+ Chartered Accountants, in May 2011 - November will prove to be a bonanza - wait till February comes - perhaps you will make IGNOU proud - who knows. Compare this with the Pass out figure of 987 CWAs who added to the qualified rolls (not to membership - to get there they need 3+ years of 'valid' work experience). Now, many of those ACAs are debating if it was better to have remained 'unemployed' without qualification or with one. Ultimately, my arguement is too much of anything is good for nothing. ICWA/CS/CA - If these Institutes thrive only on pass percentages - which means if B Com course gives similar kind of result then you neednt have any of these professional Institutions. Rathar than debating on toughness and your luck or Intelligence - evaluate the course on meriet and content bais and examination on testing professional caliber of the students and thus the Professionals on the Professional Service they render to our Country. And to do that the country should create right ambience and give equal opportunity - which is what ICWAI is fighting for.
4 Like

(Guest)

Dear All,

It is very simple. Instead of comparing exams, syllabus and passing percentage. Let us understand the interest of particular candidate. 

If you are interested in costing then join cwa

If you are interest in full fledged accounting package then join cwa.

My personal Experience:

Fact should be accepted anyhow. 

CWA exams is easier as compare to CA. I am comparing here exams and not about an institute. 

Keep in mind. ANYTHING WHICH YOU WOULD LEARN SHOULD BE INTERESTED. :)

2 Like

Dhirendra Kumar Asthana (Business) (30 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Comparing CA and CWA seems to be foolish. Choosing CA or ICWA depends on ones interest. Students should check the syllabus of both the courses and should opt for the course whose syllabus seems to be interested and of their choice. Both the courses are prestigeous.

3 Like

SOUMEN (Student) (41 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Please u sit for ca-final exam.please please please. ;) . N if u can pass it out in new syllabus then again u come with more logics ;)
2 Like

Prasad (GENERAL. MANAGER-FINANCE)   (108 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

I have tried to put a comparison of the course curricullum of both institutes. Qualifying any professional course depends on so many factors like first or second batch of compulsory new syllabus, last or last but one batch of old syllabus, market demand-supply ratio etc.So request you not to generalize this scenario.

In 2006 during the last batch of the old syllabus in CA exam we saw the % of passing shot up to around 40%. Can we justify this as a regular feature for CA exam? It was an exception. Same thing might have happened with ICWA . Questions might be set easier as it was a new syllabus.

Please staty away from comparing the toughness in courses of the three institute. We will end up no where. All the three institutes are unique in nature and equitable in demand.

Attached File : 446815 894819 ca icwa syllabus.doc downloaded: 168 times

anubhav (article) (30 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Both these institutions have been in existance over 50 years now, i guess there is one thing for all CWAs, who compare them to CAs to understand. People sitting in board of directors OR Government are not FOOLS that they hire CAs for better packages just because of the legacy that CAs carry. For passing CA one has to touch human limits of concentration, devotion and patience, for me  it is not just an exam it is an experience of a life time.

I dont know much about CWA exam and the level of concentration required to clear it. All i know is that i know 5 people who managed scoring a Rank in CWA Finals and  Struggled hard to clear CA, few of them are still struggling. That in itself will give you a picture of level of the course.

I would advice ICWAI to  concentrate on the content of the course rather than competing with ICAI on small issues which our institute never even cares for.

As far as Cases like satyam is concerned i guess people should understand that such cases happen everywhere ie politics, business and beaurocracy. And just because some one had done something wrong that does not means everyone is wrong.

WHY DONT PEOPLE TALK about Kingfisher airlines case where auditors revealed that Going concern does not holds good and company cant survive if Promoter dont induce money ?

And what about the SKF Finance case where auditors revealed a fraud ?

Probably because it is more glamorous to blame people of high repute and knowledge for their petty mistakes rather than praising them for the good that they have done

I would like to advice all CWAs to please register themselves for CA and appear for CA exam. When they will study the so called less and easy syllabus of CA final along with doing  articleship they would them self realize what being a CA is all about.

CA Anubhav Srivastava

CA Anubhav Srivastava

Replied 27 December 2011

Mr CA Anubhav Srivastava,

You might be very poor in statistics or may be your ICAI havn't tought you enough on it.

Go and check the placement of ICWAI,all Navratnas and PSU are hiring Cost Accountants and Also check your ICAI placement cell,that how many Navratnas and PSU has hired CA.

But one thing you rightly said "People sitting in board of directors OR Government are not FOOLS "

Dipankar Das Sharma, AICWA,CA,CS

Replied 27 December 2011

Both these institutions have been in existance over 50 years now, i guess there is one thing for all CWAs, who compare them to CAs to understand. People sitting in board of directors OR Government are not FOOLS that they hire CAs for better packages just because of the legacy that CAs carry. For passing CA one has to touch human limits of concentration, devotion and patience, for me  it is not just an exam it is an experience of a life time.

I dont know much about CWA exam and the level of concentration required to clear it. All i know is that i know 5 people who managed scoring a Rank in CWA Finals and  Struggled hard to clear CA, few of them are still struggling. That in itself will give you a picture of level of the course.

I would advice ICWAI to  concentrate on the content of the course rather than competing with ICAI on small issues which our institute never even cares for.

As far as Cases like satyam is concerned i guess people should understand that such cases happen everywhere ie politics, business and beaurocracy. And just because some one had done something wrong that does not means everyone is wrong.

WHY DONT PEOPLE TALK about Kingfisher airlines case where auditors revealed that Going concern does not holds good and company cant survive if Promoter dont induce money ?

Probably because it is more glamorous to blame people of high repute and knowledge for their petty mistakes rather than praising them for the good that they have done

I would like to advice all CWAs to please register themselves for CA and appear for CA exam. When they will study the so called less and easy syllabus of CA final along with doing  articleship they would them self realize what being a CA is all about.

CA Anubhav Srivastava

Replied 27 December 2011

CA Anubhav Srivastava

Replied 27 December 2011

Mr. Dipankar Das Sharma

My institute thinks of future rather than concentrating on Past statistics, so Yes you are absolutely right ICAI has not taught me Statistics.

People with less qualification are always hired in Bulk, you must be knowing the placement record of IT companies who hire B. techs.

To quote "Statistic" ITC limited hires CWA foe 5.5 and a CA for 13.5.

In my company CWAs are getting 3-3.5 CAs are getting (as a fresher) 8-8.5.

I hope you are satisfied My statistics

1 Like

(Guest)

@ anubhav ..omg ..in our company fresh CA's are treated like B.com graduates, its surprising that in your company Ca freshers are getting 8 - 8.5. please post the complete address of your company ASAP..it wil help many ca freshers. Hope u will do this favour.

2 Like

Prasad (GENERAL. MANAGER-FINANCE)   (108 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Mr. Anubhav- last year one company called EID Parry offerred Rs.13 lacs to one ICWA freshers.

In our company we do not discriminate the CA and ICWA and we  offer them same packege and our board members are not FOOL.

1 Like

Replied 27 December 2011

Mr.Anubhav,

Kindly give the Address of you company,I will give to my CA/ICWA qualified freinds ,who are struggling very hard for a job.

These degree never earn any Money,it's the Human brain which earn,

And if you are Judgeing any Stream just by the Salary they Earn, then you are the least qualified person in this world..

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: