Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca final may 2017 result

Page no : 7

Deval M. Thakkar (Student CA Final and Article Assistant at Talati & Talati Ahmedabad)   (368 Points)
Replied 15 July 2017

ya that is the only one which i have completed before time

CA Final Docent (No work) (690 Points)
Replied 15 July 2017

@ Venkat

We would be dreaming for sure , if we think that May 16 will repeat again, May 16 was epic.. Such things seldom happen.. Finapp predicts 6.03% results for group 1 and 13.72% results for group 2.. Does it tell u something?

@ Karan

In group-1 , law was tough  for most of the students.. I dont think that the grace marks  that may be awarded in group 1 will anyway affect the grace marks to be awarded in group 2  and vice vera. And  dicussing about law in  this forum, will not make any difference to grace marks. So please stop worrying about law..

(No offense meant)

Aritra Majumdar (B.Com(H),CA) (2420 Points)
Replied 15 July 2017

Finapp was wrong with results date prediction- they said 16th July which is incorrect so I wouldn't give much importance to their predicted pass percentages.

By the way, during isca exam, there was a power cut due to heavy rains in Kolkata and all exam centres were alloted 5 additional minutes after 5 pm.

CA Final Docent (No work) (690 Points)
Replied 15 July 2017

Originally posted by : aritra majumdar
Finapp was wrong with results date prediction- they said 16th July which is incorrect so I wouldn't give much importance to their predicted pass percentages.

By the way, during isca exam, there was a power cut due to heavy rains in Kolkata and all exam centres were alloted 5 additional minutes after 5 pm.

Regarding ISCA - Wow, Atleast they gave additional 5 minutes.. I never knew that they can give that.. It would have been great for u ppl, if there was power cut on FR/AMA exam !! 

In my centre,all that inviligators wanted to is the collect the paper exactly at 5pm so that they can go to house early..

There was some confusion in FR exam and the inviligator ended up taking the paper at first bell i.e @ 4.55 pm.. And I was the first person in the class room.. 

hiten shah (Student CA Final ) (54 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Any grace marks in DT?
1 Like

Vishal Purohit (Article Assistant) (33 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Overall resuly is going to be in single digit.

Replied 16 July 2017

Please no speculations about pass percentages, whatever is the result should be accepted gracefully.

CA Abbasali H. Bhaisaheb (Working as A FACULY FOR CA STUDENTS)   (1127 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

May 17 will replace May 16

1 Like

Akash.1986 (assitant) (141 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Guys Dnt make any prediction until u have reasoning or inside information...results will be single digit or may 17 result will replace 16....these kind of statements dose not make any sense is they dnt have any basis...no offense it's my suggestion only.. Rest u guys are mature enough..
1 Like

Replied 16 July 2017

Yes brother but whats wrong in being positive.. Ultimately we also know that its CA and Finals so we cant predict.. But for sake of mental satisfaction we can think may 16 again..

We dont have any basis or calculation.. But when papers are tough we can hope for good results..

Those who have appeared fo second group found the exams lenghty and tough.. If ICAI rises the past percentage it will be surely for group 2 because analysis says  "Most Students who have one group pending is 2nd " so by giving grace or by giving good marks if pass percentage criteria gets satisfied, than its done...

Replied 16 July 2017

@ hiten shah

What are your reviews for DT?

I personally found very lengthy and because of frustration i forgot the basics i was shocked :(

I wasted much time in Q2

Wont beleive it was 36 marks completed when i saw time it was  4

What so ever attempted i am not confident at all.. 

Replied 16 July 2017

Can I give my review of the dt paper?

Replied 16 July 2017

YES OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN

Replied 16 July 2017

The fully practical questions that is 1 and 2 were lengthy and tested students on Finance Act,2016.

The case study based questions of 16 marks were from current rtp and past rtps. Now obviously if one hasn't seen past rtp it's difficult to answer those questions.

The other questions were mostly from past papers for which practice manual was needed.

It was a lengthy paper but manageable if one could solve first 36 marks in an hour.

3 Like

Akash (CA Final (2nd Group Pending))   (876 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Originally posted by : aritra majumdar
Can I give my review of the dt paper?

All Questions were from PM and Case Law Book of Institute. Those who only studied provisions rather than solving sums of PM are facing Difficulty. Overall It was Easy Paper.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: