Ca final elective paper nov 2018 (new syllabus)

How was the Elective Paper?

Replies (31)
I think the person with most extended knowledge to attend the financial services and capital markets

I opted Risk Management as the elective. 

Compared to May 2018, today's paper was not that technical.

Questions were 90% from the study material. It only required the application of concepts at the appropriate situation. Overall a very easy paper. 

All the best for you..I think we go beyond study material for elective for financial services
i opted for gfrs, wouldmt say the paper was tough but it wasnt easy either..The questions was based on ind as and not ifrs. some of the questions were advanced. overall it was ok.
Case study 1 of financial services and capital markets is out of syllabus.

I did all the objective style questions of both questions together and then I solved the descripttive part of both case studies together. I now found it says in the hall ticket all parts of the question should be solved on the same page. Will they not check my answers now? Please help

Case study 1 in FSCM was from SEBI(Issue and Listing of Debt securities)Regulations,2008... Acha khel khela ICAI ne..
please share gfrs paper
international taxation kisi ne diya. kaisa tha paper?

Unfortunately I answered case study one in Financial services paper which is out of syllabus and i realised it after 2 hours so i continued to casestudy-2 and also there is no use of attempting 3rd casestudy as it will not be evaluated.

How Will the evaluation be done for casestudy -1 ???

Please reply.....

fully disappointed with the paper except the MCQs of casestudy -2 

 

True fscm leaving mcq of case study 2 rest was disappointing....
International Taxation MONDAY jitna bda tha
What was the npv in fscm case study 2?

i gave international taxation.... got confused in procedures apa drp etc

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details