CA at the age of 30

I have cleared first group of CA final in November 2012, but group 2 is still there to pass. I' already have attained the age of 29.
I'm working in a state PSU (not a good company to work for).
if I'll start preparing for group 2, then I may pass in may 2019.
Is there any chance to have job at age of 30 ? Would I be eligible to get government job?
Replies (5)

Scope of a chartered accountant career

  • CA’s can choose to set up their own independent practice and develop their clients on merit.
  • They can apply for job at an existing firm of Chartered Accountants.
  • They can offer their services in the field of capital market.
  • A qualified Chartered Accountant can join the Government Service, Public Sector or even in the Private Sector.
  • Institute of CA of India is also well recognized abroad like in England, Wales and Australia so one can even practice in these countries as well.
  • It is not necessary that a CA has to work only on number crunching and excel sheets. A CA employed with a firm can also contribute towards decision making and enhancement of profits for the firm.
  • As per a report by the Economic Times, there is a huge demand for CA’s in the manufacturing and financial services sectors (source: The Economic Times)
  • CA is emerging as a good career option for women as it allows work to be done at one’s own pace and time, and, also allows one to control the money flow. Besides, a CA is free to take break in his / her profession (as stated earlier).
  • According to TN Manoharan, former ICAI president, for 50 years till 1999, the number of women CA’s in country was 8%. In the past decade, the numbers grew phenomenally, and women constituted 16% of the nearly 1,70,000 CAs in India. "The major push came from parents, who earlier discouraged daughters from private practice. More private companies and MNCs are hiring CAs and early entry through CPT, post-class 12, have allowed them to complete their CA before their parents get them married," says Manoharan.
Age is not the barrier for CA.What you need is the determination and mindset for hard working.If then you can see that everything around you support you to achieve your goal.Once you clear, you have unlimited choices.

You can easily go through the CA exams and get the job. I have restarted my career at the age of 30 in the field of Corporate Law and Capital Market Regulations and working with reknowned Law Firm in India in spite I have become Lawyer and Associate Company Secretary in the year 2011 and I am even looking to do further studies.

Hence, dont feel like negative and just go for it!!!

 

Nothing is impossible!!!

I need guidance
I am 32 and was in depression since 2011 and now I am in finals
Shall I do CA with no experience in hand

I have not even lived my life and its painful

n today's globalised era, you need not to have CA degree to succeed in career. Here are the options : 
1. Get an international degree in accounting / auditing e.g.  ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CPA (USA / AUS / NZ), CMA (USA), CIA, CISA, CFE etc. (all these courses are much easier than CA curriculum and several online / offline coaching classes are available in India).  
2. Go for a course in ERP - SAP, Oracle EBS, Microsoft Business Central (MS Dynamics).  
3. Go for a course on Data Analytics tools (ACL, IDEA), Data Visualisation / Business Intelligence Tools (R, Power BI, Tableau, Quilkview etc.).  
4. Go for a course on a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism etc.).  
5. Go for a course on a GRC suite (e.g. RSA Archer, ServiceNow, SAP GRC etc. ) 

After gaining these degrees / certifications / skill sets, you will easily get an opportunity in an IT company, Big4, MNC, KPO, Global Delivery Centre / Shared Services Centre of an MNC / Big4. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details