Burning a CD

Do we have to erase the data on Rw-CD, everytime we want to update the data on it?

Please help me, friends!!!

Replies (5)

hello

the cd capacity is 700MB, if u have 100 mb in the cd and you can write 600mb more without eraseing, but  if one file is 680 mb which you want to copy to cd then you have to erase what is there already in  cd...

There is just about 5 MB data on my Rw-CD and I have just made some addition to my file on it. But unable to save that file again on that CD. What's the procedure of updating it?

hello

how you writing the cd, by using nero or by windows..

the CD requires enough space so that the data can be written....

Suppose 500 mb is to be written in the CD than atleast 500mb should be empty.....

Otherwise you have to erase the CD and write it again...

 

I am using Nero for burning CD. The 700MB Rw-CD was just 5MB used and I made some changes to the .doc file on it. When I wanted to save it again, computer denied it by saying that it is a read only file. I then completely erase the data on the Rw-CD and burn it again.

I want to know that is there any other way to update the file on Rw-CD, so that I don't have to erase the complete CD everytime?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details