Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Building Rent

Manmohan Pant (33 Points)

31 August 2021  
A Charitable Trust registered u/s 12A rent out a building to another society registered u/s 12A for running a recognized school. is Gst applicable on this or not? if yes, what is the rate?

 3 Replies

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner) (51634 Points)
Replied 31 August 2021

Yes it's taxable if it is rented out for business or commerce purpose not for charitable activities & it's rent is more then 10000/- per month.

Kindly refer S.no.1 & 13 of Notification 12/2017 CT (r)

Manmohan Pant (33 Points)
Replied 01 September 2021

The tenant is an registered society and having registration u/s 12 A of income tax act

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner) (51634 Points)
Replied 02 September 2021

here the exemption is not granted as per recepient. but as replied , if supply is for charitable activities & rent is not more than 10000/- pm its exempted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags