BIG Firms? Fine marks, 1st attempt etc- still no Articleship

Swapnil Jain (Finance - FP&A) (564 Points)

04 May 2011  

Hello friends,

This post of mine is regarding the problem I am facing in joining Article-ship. I have cleared my IPCC group I in Nov 2010 in first attempt with 61% (244 marks). With these marks I asked my teachers as to whether I can get articleship in Big firms like the big four's, haribhakti etc. They all supported. I decided to try. Now it's being as late as 3 months the results are out and still I have not joined my articleship.

I have sent dozens of resumes on the firms sites but still no reply from their side.

for KPMG at - future @ in.kpmg.com

for Haribhakti at- hr @ haribhaktigroup.com, samidha.surve @ bdoindia.co.in

for E&Y at- careers.ey @ in.ey.com

and so on.

Daily I check my mailbox wishing that atleast one of them must have replied, but always disappointed. My 2-3 classmates who scored same as me or even less have got into these Big firms from Reference of some friend already working there or some how the other way. But frankly speaking I am not jealous with them.

I don't know whether it is compulsory to have reference to get into these firms? Or whether it is that I have passed only first group that I am not getting response? Or whether they really do check these mailboxes where I have sent dozens of applications? Or whether they recruit only guys from metropolis and not small cities like of mine.

Please friends anyone who has gone through same doubt or who has a solution to my problem plz help me out.

I have already missed my final attempt by 6 months in this thing I don't want to waste more 6 months waiting.

Thanks