Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arjun (student)     20 May 2011

Big 4 or mid size

hi guys i passed my ipcc grp 1 in nov 2010 attempt with 262 marks  since then i was busy in my collg exams 2nd yr bcom du now i decided to convert it into correspondece in 3rd year

i would like to enquire about few things

- whether i should join big 4 or ny mid size firm 

all 4 big firm r in my city gurgaon so it will not be a problem 

my future prospect is start my own practice  

as far as mid size r concerned top are there in delhi so daily up down etc will create troublsome traffic os much 

d mid size firm in gurgaon r not top class nt holding many big clients 

but i heard that in big 4 they doesnt give leave also they put u in 1 deppt alll of d 3 yrs 

plz suggest me fastly guys help need

10 Replies

(Guest)

go for  a  big  4  surely  ,  it  help in 2 ways  work  exp  and  second  to be  always with rankers 

now  few  ppl  dnt  agree  they  dnt  provide much  leave  for  exam  prepration  but  u  r  well  prepared to exam  in  office  itself  

i  did  it  so i can tell  surely  go for  big  4  without  any  rethinking 

Anit Sharma

Anit Sharma (CA Final student )     20 May 2011

Originally posted by : RAAM SINGHANIA

go for  a  big  4 , 

without delay ..

If u r getting A ship there.

arjun

arjun (student)     21 May 2011

i ll try my best to get there well i had 67 % in ipce 1st attempt so may b some chances

CA, CS Prateek Jain

CA, CS Prateek Jain (Associate Manager Finance)     22 May 2011

They don't count on ur percentage, they will only select u on the basis of ur performance in the interview....!!

Rohit

Rohit ([ ] )     04 June 2011

If you are very sure about starting your own firm, then Big 4 has limited attractiveness compared to a med size firm for the following reasons:

1) Big 4 would only give you exposure to one area -  mostly audit (either stat or internal) based on which group you get aborbed in and you would end up doing 3-4 main client in all your three years.

Compared to the this a med size firm would give you exposure to more areas of practice.

2) You can use the relationships you make in the med-small firm when you start your own firm but thats not the case with BIg 4 as the clients are simply too big.

3) You get more time networking compared to doing artcles with a Big 4.

However having said this if you are not so sure about practice and want to keep the option open certainly go for a Big 4.

2 Like
Rajnikant Vadigoppula

Rajnikant Vadigoppula (CA, CS And CMA Final)     04 June 2011

yes i agree with rohit

Rohtash

Rohtash (CA - Final / CS / B.Com)     11 July 2011

Big4 anyday..

Aditya Sinha

Aditya Sinha (CA Final, B.Com(H))     11 August 2011

can u pls suggest some good mid sized firms in delhi who could give a wide exposure

in different fields....?????

simmi

simmi (STUDENT)     16 August 2013

hi friends!! i have just passed IPCC(both groups)  with 452/700 . i m confused about whether to join big 4 or a mid size firm in pune.....i want to get get knowledge of all the subjects...but as i have heard about big 4 that they make us expert in only 1 subject.....

plz guide me regarding this....

simmi

simmi (STUDENT)     16 August 2013

i have an offer from g.d apte and company .....

but i am in a big confusion whether to say yes or no

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags