Easy Office
LCI Learning

Big 4 articleship very very urgent plz help

Page no : 2

NILESH PUROHIT (article) (22 Points)
Replied 02 January 2012

TRUE........

ARTICLE,S SCOPE GETS RESTRICTED FOR 3 YEARS TO A PARTICULAR FIELD.... WHILE ARTICLESHIP SIMPLY MEANS TO OBTAIN KNOWLEDGE ANS SKILL IN 3 YEARS SO THAT AFTER CRACKING CA FINAL,S... IF 1 WANTS HE CAN INITIATE HIS OWN PRACTISE.........

SO AS PER ME GOING IN UPPER MIDDLE SIZE FIRM WILL BE THE BEST ALTERNATIVE........

REST IS ALL UPON UR DECISION..................

sagar teke (article ) (21 Points)
Replied 09 January 2012

definately one should try big 4

karan jit singh (Consultant) (1299 Points)
Replied 13 January 2012

guys dont dare to think about it...my friend opted for big 4 n luckily he got selected but agter 10months he took transfer...bcoz he doesnt find any creativity or independence or any relax in there environment...so he opted for mid level firm..n he is happy...
n i knw he is roght....bcoz its nt r age to take that much level of tention ...
we r article nt there employeee....
n those who are gng for big 4 ask them ...is there any call or reply from there side...
you ll get the answer......
only rankers and ppl wid great  approaches can apply there for articleship....though a common student can apply......lolz 

jahnavi koganti (Article student) (25 Points)
Replied 17 January 2012

hai friends!!

I am an article at a medium sized firm and guys, I must say u that, i am satisfied. Though, there are no big internal audits as we have in big4, we people have lot of independence to think and draft our observations. We have a chance to handle a file fully and not a part of it, so u get to know each and every area of the file u deal with. But, it is also considerable that we have a lot of exposure in the big4s. So, Mr.Go green, I suggest ur friend to initially take up articles in a medium sized firm and then work in the Big4s for some period depending on the exposure levels u expect. But, if u want to firmly go for EMPLOYMENT and not practice BIG4 is the best option!

1 Like

HIMANSHU GANDHI (Practising CA) (30 Points)
Replied 17 January 2012

There are some advantages & disadvantages of joining Big4.

Advantages are :

1.  You may get in touch with good Big Clients i.e. almost big public listed companies.

2. You can share your knowledge.

3. Will get in contact with big personalities.

4. Will learn etiquetes & style of communicating with clients.

5. Will improve your skill.

6. After completing your CA, you may be aborbed by Firm or you may get chance in a company where said firm is having audit or other work.

Disadvantages are :

1. Leave Problems.

2. May be fed-up with sterio type works.

3. May have to face work Pressure

4. May not get exposer in other areas of services like income-tax, VAT, Service-tax, excise, etc, which you mya get in small or medium size firms.

To conclude it, if  you decide to practice in future, Big 4 may not help you but if you are planning for Job it will definately work.

2 Like

Hemavathi Modupalli (CA fresher) (50 Points)
Replied 20 July 2012

plz answer...,

I heard that "in big4, only the students who completed both groups of ipcc in 1st single attempt are selected" .is it correct?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: