Belief - most essential requirement to be successful!

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)

25 November 2013  

So I would like to tell you a small story.

Until May 5, 1954, there was a belief all over the world that it’s literally impossible to complete the one mile run in less than 4 minutes. Running a mile in four minutes translates to a speed of 15 miles per hour (24.14 km/h, or 2:29.13 per kilometer, or 14.91 seconds per 100 meters)People thought that a human is not capable enough to run at such speed.  But on May 6, 1954, an English sprinter named Roger Bannister finally managed to break this myth and ran the one mile mark in 3 min 59.4 sec.

Roger Bannister 2.jpg

And surprisingly, this record has lasted for only 46 days. And the "four-minute barrier" has since been broken by many male athletes, and is now the standard of all male professional middle distance runners. Even high school kids today are able to finish the one mile run within 4 minutes.

So my question is, what is it that enabled all these people to achieve this feat which was actually seemed to be impossible till 1954. And the answer is obvious -  “their belief that it’s possible”. After Roger Bannister achieved it for the first time ever in 1954, people started believing that that can do it as well, and hence you can see the result.

I conclude that in order to succeed in anything, the first and the foremost essential thing that is required is that you need to believe that you can do it.

Thanks for reading!

And please leave your comments.

And also I will be happy if you like my facebook page (CAvlogging) also. 

(https://www.facebook.com/vloggingCA

(click here to know more about it: /forum/ca-vlogging-videos-and-updates-of-ca-cma-and-cs--271725.asp#.UpNcFdKw0Rv)

I'll see you next week (from now on, I'll come on every Monday with a new article)