Easy Office

Bank realisation Certificate (BRC)

Page no : 3

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Rishabh Jain
" Originally posted by :Guest

"
Originally posted by :Rajesh " We have not submitteed export details for realisation of bank from few months hardly 8-9 months? What would have we do?  " 

Cunsult  your Bank and submit all the pending export detail at urgent basis

>> Rajesh

dishant Bhatt (CA FINAL STUDENT) (158 Points)
Replied 10 October 2009

THANX

vijay (RM) (37 Points)
Replied 19 October 2009

Sir, we are DTA supplier to SEZ.  Our Excise officer insists that we produce BRC for our sales to SEZ.  We effect supplies without payment of duty under a LUT and Form ARE-1 .  He says that If we do not get payment for supplies to SEZ in foreign currency account of the buyer, our sales is to considered as a normal sales and duty has to be paid; and the unit in SEZ to get duty drawback from the relevant Development commissioner.  Pl elucidate.

Pramod (Senior Sales Executive) (24 Points)
Replied 12 December 2009

Originally posted by :Rajesh
"

What is meaning and importance of BRC (Bank realisation Certificate)? Is it necessory to take BRC for each export invoice raised?
Please also explain regarding realisation rate, amount etc. and the provision for making BRC
Thanks

Hello Rajesh Sir,

Is it necessary to issue BRC certificate ? We are a small exporters and our bank (PNB) charges are very high for issuing BRC. Is their any minimum or maximum limit set by RBI for which no BRC certificate is required ? We receive payment by TT in advance from our buyers. Please clarify. Thank you.

"

Pramod (Senior Sales Executive) (24 Points)
Replied 12 December 2009

Dear Sir,

Is it necessary to issue BRC certificate ? We are a small exporter and our bank (PNB) charges are very high for issuing BRC. Is their any minimum or maximum limit set by RBI for which no BRC certificate is required ? We receive payment by TT in advance from our buyers. Please clarify. Thank you.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Pramod
Dear Sir,

Is it necessary to issue BRC certificate ? We are a small exporter and our bank (PNB) charges are very high for issuing BRC. Is their any minimum or maximum limit set by RBI for which no BRC certificate is required ? We receive payment by TT in advance from our buyers. Please clarify. Thank you.

It is  necessary to take BRC for each export realization. Any FC amount you receiced in bank is adjusted by bank through clearance of GR and PNB is charging Rs. 700-900 for per GR clearance. and as concern about BRC, this is a certificate which is issued by bank to certify the realisation of export bill.  BRC is helpful for future correspondance regarding FC receipt.

As in your cases you received payment through TT in Advance. In that case, The whole amount of FC is lying pending with bank and when you submit the export document (Copy of Invoice, copy of B/L/Airway Bill and Shipping Bill) bank will clear the GR and adjust the FC with the export. It is applicable on all export proceeds for any value.

All Banks have to submitted a Half yearly report to RBI regarding all receipt of FC. So please dont ignore this, It may be make you defaulter in RBI. 

There are a limit of $25000 for which you need not submit SDF form

Limit for GR clearance is given as 21 days in case of Shipped by Sea and 7 days in case of Air Shipment. and 180 days for taking BRC after the date of Export.

>>Rajesh

1 Like

Gautam (Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 24 December 2009

Hello sir,

Please suggest me that if we have submitted the exports documents in trade section with orginal FIRC's and we have not any receipt from their and as well any photocopy of FIRC for the last year to till now but we are in need to get BRC's,,, how can we get all the BRC's

(Guest)

Get another copy of said FIRC from Bank and submit for BRC

PANKAJ R. RUPAREL (DIRECTOR) (21 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

WE ARE MANUFACTURERS & EXPORTERS OF PLASTIC ROPES.  OUR QUERY IS AFTER EXPORTS THE BUYERS ARE REMITTING PAYMENT THERE IS A SHORT FALL OF ABOUT US $ 30 TO 80 AS FBC (FORWARDING BANK COMMISSION).  OUR BANKERS TILL THIS DATE GIVING US THE BRC FOR FULL AMOUNT WHICH IS INVOICE AMOUNT LESS: OCIAN FREIGHT AND THE COMMISSION TO INDENTER AND ANY OTHTER DISCOUNT GIVEN TO BUYER.  NOW THEY INSISTS TO GIVE BRC OF INVOICE AMOUNT LESS: FBC + OCIAN FREIGHT + COMMISSION + DISCOUNT TO BUYER.  IS THIS A TRUE PROCEDURE OR NOT ?

PANKAJ RUPAREL

Phoenix Jain (Senior Account Executive)   (21 Points)
Replied 11 September 2010

Dear All,

We are abt to submit our BRC in bank.

My Qtn. is

#1. Where should i submit the BRC?

My IEC code is issued from Mumbai DGFT.

My Total export was taken place from Delhi Port.

And my Bank Realisation was in kolkata. Bcoz, earlier, my head office was here.

#2. Which Jt.DGFT address should i mention in The BRC?

#3.Commission Amount Col.12 ---- Whether Bank Commission deducted or party commission.?

#4.Our export was under duty drawback scheme......Now what is the purpose of submitting the BRCs?

#5. Should we have to submit the original copy of S/Bill (EP Copy) or just a copy??

#6. What will be the date of realisation in case, amount realised in 3 to 4 parts for 1 invoice?

#7. What will be the date of export in Col.4?

#8. What is the Bank reference no???

Our total export was either CIF/CFR.....(NOT UNDER LC)

Pls Reply>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

shivam deval (student) (212 Points)
Replied 11 September 2010

Dear ashish,

its not necessory  send their documents through bank or directly to the buyer,

but as per rule if you send their documents to your buyer through it will be good.

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA ( CS PURSUING ) (43848 Points)
Replied 24 September 2010

Originally posted by : Phoenix Jain

Dear All,

We are abt to submit our BRC in bank.

My Qtn. is

#1. Where should i submit the BRC?

REPLY:- IF DEPB AVAILED , SUBMIT ORIGINAL IN  CONCERNED REGIONAL LICENSING AITHORITY.

My IEC code is issued from Mumbai DGFT.

AS PROVISION PROVIDED  IN DGFT SITE, YOU CAN ALSO SUBMIT IT  IN NEW DELHI (CLA) OR YOUR BRANCH OFFICE IS SITUATE IN DELHI  REGION. (IEC) OR YOU ALSO SUBMIT THE DECLARATION IN THIS REGARD. IF WOULD LIKE SUBMIT IN ANY CONCERNED LICENSING AUTHORITY.

My Total export was taken place from Delhi Port.

And my Bank Realisation was in kolkata. Bcoz, earlier, my head office was here.

#2. Which Jt.DGFT address should i mention in The BRC?

AS ABOVE

#3.Commission Amount Col.12 ---- Whether Bank Commission deducted or party commission.?

BANK

#4.Our export was under duty drawback scheme......Now what is the purpose of submitting the BRCs?

IN MY OPINION YOU MUST SUBMIT ORIGINAL BRC IN CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT.

#5. Should we have to submit the original copy of S/Bill (EP Copy) or just a copy??

IF EDI CASE, NO EP COPY OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING BILL SUBMIT IN CUSTOM DEPARTMENT.

#6. What will be the date of realisation in case, amount realised in 3 to 4 parts for 1 invoice?

MENTIONED , ALL THE CONSECUTIVELY  REALISATION  DATE.

#7. What will be the date of export in Col.4?

SHIPPING BILL GENERATE DATE

#8. What is the Bank reference no???

IT WILL PROVIDE BY THE BANK WHEN YOUR PAYMENT RELEASED.

Our total export was either CIF/CFR.....(NOT UNDER LC)

OK

Pls Reply>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

banke bihari jha (artilcle clerk) (81 Points)
Replied 01 February 2011

after geting the brc from bank, where should i deposit the original copy of brc, is there any last date for submission of brc for availing drawback which i have already taken.

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA ( CS PURSUING ) (43848 Points)
Replied 02 February 2011

REPLY:- IF DEPB AVAILED , SUBMIT ORIGINAL IN  CONCERNED REGIONAL LICENSING AITHORITY.

CA Vidhi (AVP) (22 Points)
Replied 02 February 2011

In case the exporter avails Packing credit in foreign currency, then the conversion takes place on the date from exporter's perspective. On the date of realisation of foreign funds, the bank applies it to the o/s loan and no conversion takes place.

In such case, in the BRC, what should be the rate to be applied in the BRC - rate at which the PCFC was disbursed or card rate on the date of realisation?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: