Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ban on Articleship

Page no : 2

CA Sourabh Agarwal (Chartered Accountant) (4240 Points)
Replied 05 June 2010

same story here 

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey (Manager (Advance)) (901 Points)
Replied 05 June 2010

See the fact is, that it is a policy failure of ICAI.

I don't think a CPT pass student is mature enough to choose a firm for himself or to do bargaining on that ground. So what most students do is to join on first come first serve basis.

Regarding Dummy: ICAI itself don't want to do that, as earlier a fellow also say that top members of ICAI have given dummy. Ok tell me how can this articleship ban may reduce dummies.

The fact is that dummies were there, are there, and will be there. ICAI can't do anything in that. And why only students, its there honourable members who are giving these dummies. So, first of all restrictions should be for them, obviously are these things possible without Member's involvement.

DON'T GO ON ICAI'S WORDS: DUMMIES DO BETTER THAN REGULARS, FOR THE FACT THEY GOT MUCH TIME. AND AFTER GIVING EXAMS BOTH ARE COMPARED ON THE BASIS OF THEIR MARKS AND NOT ON TRAINING. NOW, SINCE DUMMIES ARE GETTING BETTER PLATFORM, THEY WILL DO BETTER.

And yes, ICAI know this all.

CA Sunil Rawat (WORKING IN BPO-NON VOICE IT SERVICE)   (91 Points)
Replied 05 June 2010

I agree with original writer. Though transfer of article ship is banned you can take the secondment. In case of secondment you will be remain registered under your original employer but you can work under other chartered accountant. In this case mutual understanding is very much important between employer and article assistance.

After restriction on transfer of article ship students are doing secondment.

In case you want any help let me know. My email ID sunil.rawat @ icai.org

Abhishek (C.A Final Student) (50 Points)
Replied 05 June 2010

Banning articleship was one of the worst decision taken by institute.

Rock on (CA Final) (340 Points)
Replied 08 June 2010

Originally posted by : Abhishek K. Pandey

See the fact is, that it is a policy failure of ICAI.

I don't think a CPT pass student is mature enough to choose a firm for himself or to do bargaining on that ground. So what most students do is to join on first come first serve basis.

Regarding Dummy: ICAI itself don't want to do that, as earlier a fellow also say that top members of ICAI have given dummy. Ok tell me how can this articleship ban may reduce dummies.

The fact is that dummies were there, are there, and will be there. ICAI can't do anything in that. And why only students, its there honourable members who are giving these dummies. So, first of all restrictions should be for them, obviously are these things possible without Member's involvement.

DON'T GO ON ICAI'S WORDS: DUMMIES DO BETTER THAN REGULARS, FOR THE FACT THEY GOT MUCH TIME. AND AFTER GIVING EXAMS BOTH ARE COMPARED ON THE BASIS OF THEIR MARKS AND NOT ON TRAINING. NOW, SINCE DUMMIES ARE GETTING BETTER PLATFORM, THEY WILL DO BETTER.

And yes, ICAI know this all.

I have also heard that Some of the Honourable Members are also giving dummies, but How much its true, i don't Know.

Sujith. R (Article Assistant) (28 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

Dude,

At this stage, I think SECONDMENT is the best solution for you. Even if you are into this Industrial Training, the maximum period that you are allowed is just ONE Year, which is the same as in case of the Secondment.

Dude, everyone does mistakes and not everyone is perfect.... Learn from your mistakes man...

Just Google for various CA Firms and apply there and get into an interview with them....

[I think with your experience, you must be knowing Various CA firms.]

Try and explain them your condition. They might just take you and treat you on par with a FRESHER with NIL Experience... This really happens... Trust me... It has been through myself...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: