Availing of HRA , principle and interest benefit on home loan

sir, Im a employee in a private limited company ,I'm staying in rented house and I'm getting HRA . Last year I have purchased a new house with supporting home loan and I'm getting rental income also on that. Now can I eligible for availing tax benefits of HRA , paid principal benefit under 80C and as well as paid interest benefit limit of 200000/- under 24g
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether an employee receiving House Rent Allowance (HRA) can also claim tax benefits on a home loan, including principal repayment under Section 80C and interest under Section 24(b). The consensus is that you can indeed claim both HRA and home loan deductions, provided you declare any rental income received from the property.

Yes you can claim, there's no bar in claiming hra and interest on borrowed capital

Yes you are egilible for both loan deduction and HRA but do not forget to show rental  income from house property in  your return.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details