Audit u/s 44AB and set off of losses

Last year I had FnO Loss and to carry forward the same, I got my accounts audited. This year I have a FnO profit and a turnover below 5Cr. I have 2 queries here:

1. Can I set off my last year's loss without getting my accounts audited (as turnover this year is below 5 Cr and a profit)

2. Can I take advantage of section 44AD and declare 6% / 8% of the profit and then adjust the normal loss declared last year.

Pls reply

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses queries regarding setting off previous year's Futures & Options (FnO) losses against current year's profits when the turnover is below 5 Cr. It explores whether an audit under Section 44AB is necessary for this set-off and if Section 44AD can be utilised to declare profit at a presumptive rate (6% or 8%) while still adjusting prior losses.

Last year I had FnO Loss and to carry forward the same, I got my accounts audited. This year I have a FnO profit and a turnover below 5Cr. I have 2 queries here:

1. Can I set off my last year's loss without getting my accounts audited (as turnover this year is below 5 Cr and a profit)

2. Can I take advantage of section 44AD and declare 6% / 8% of the profit and then adjust the normal loss declared last year.

Can someone pls revert.

 

Yes losses can be set off against profit from F&O.

If turnover is upto 2 crores rupees then 44AD can be availed
Yes you may set off previous losses against this years profit without audit
you can also go for 44ad if your aggregate turnover is within 2 crores

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details