Attachment of dir2(consent) with din application (dir3)

As per my understanding,when we appliy for a DIN using Dir 3 ,for an existing company to add some one as an additional director,we need to attach the consent letter as per Dir 2 format.. Is it necessaery that,a consent in a specific format is essential,or just simple letter in plane paper stating,"I hereby give my consent to act as a director for   ....ms.......company" is enough

But,in the DIR 2 (consent form),there is a column,asking the DIN number.  How can we include this DIN,in the form of directors consent,before we get the DIN by submitting Dir 3 for DIN?

As per Section 153 of the Companies Act, 2013, consent to act as the Director is not mandatory. For new Companies, there is no need to apply fresh DIR 3. Din can be obtained through SPICE format only. But for the existing companies, the applicant who intending to become a Director has to file an application in Form DIR 3 along with the following attachment

1. scanned copy of photograph

scanned copy of proof of residence

scanned copy of proof of identity

DIR-2 has a specific format. Also, it will be attached with DIR-12 while appointing such person as director. DIR-3 needs board resolution and kyc docs as an attachment

my doubt has not been cleared.one has to attach Dir2 forms in a specified format along with DIR3 application for obtaining DIN for an existing company.

But in the Dir2 form,one need to mention DIN.How is it possible?is my understanding Not correct.

You can simply write NA in that space

CA in Practice

In DIN Column you can either mention NA or to apply. 

thanks, it make some sense.

however,I fails to understand,how come such a funny column was made in dir2 format?

anyhow let me try,as per your advise

CA in Practice

dir -2 is not applicable only for new directors..every person who is appointed as a director,should furnish to the company a consent...this includes person who already has a din...hence the form contains column to write DIN number..

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU