Articleship in small firm

I am presently in a small firm mainly specialised to tax. I am enjoying tax in this firm . But i have heard that after becoming CA , good companies recruit students based on the exposure of their articleship . Is that so ? Can you please give me suggestions ..............?

Replies (37)

Dear Sridhar,

 

Fact that "Nothing can be learned in small firms" is completely wrong.
 
In small firms, you have all types of work like Accounts maintanence for clients, Return filing works (TDS,
 
Service Tax), Registration matters (ST& VAT registration), Income Tax Returns (Salary, HP, Business,
 
Capital Gains), Companies & Trusts audit, Bank Audits, Stock audits, Certification Issues (Form 15CB)
 
Statutory audit of Companies, Tax Audits Etc., With this kind of exposure, you can survive in any
 
Industry (Banking, Manufacturing, Trading etc.,) . Also it will help you to prosper in practice.
 
Only disadvantage is that there is no RECOGNITION in industry and interviewer will definitely
 
come to know about your potential after interview. In Big 4, you can learn things relating to a particular
 
area like (Statutory audit, Taxation) whereas you can become all rounder if you do your articleship
 
in Small / medium size firms..
It is the person's willingness to learn only matters and not the place he is getting trained.
 
In my opinion, no matter where you do your articleship, it is the determination and willingness to learn are in built in a new entrant to the profession, even a person doing articleship from remote areas can do wonders in CA Exams. This is evident many a times from the past results of the CA Exam.
It is not that only Big firm's experience is good and rest all are waste...
You can see many people from Big firms fail and also people from small/medium firms have come out with flying colours.
Only the result matters.... 
 
All the Best.yes
 
Regards,
RAJESH CHOUDHARYsmiley
 
 
 
 

 

I agree with Rajesh

I  also agree with Rajesh

I am 100% agree with Rajesh.

 

All is depend upon willingness to learn ...

 i will Agree bcoz  i also join small firm  and i learn so many ...............................   thanks

 

Originally posted by : Forum D Saiya

I agree with Rajesh

 

I absolutely agree with Rajesh sir. 

I also agree wid Rajesh.

i agree with rajesh's view's.
 

I also argee with Rajesh's view.....

agree with rajesh

I complety agree with Rajesh's View.....

i also agree

hmmmmm.........ryt

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details