Articleship in a small firm

Page no : 2

Pooja (Final CA) (502 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

@ sanyam
what is SSDN?
just curious....

1 Like

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : pooja

@ sanyam
what is SSDN?
just curious....

Shri Satguru Devai Namanh ( SSDN )

My guruji.......!!!!!!

@ ! @

2 Like

CA CMA CS VIRAG SHAH (9773395720) (759 Points)

PLEASE DONT DO ARTICLES IN SMALL FIRM............................OTHERWISE DO DUMMY ARTICLES.........

ONLY MEDIUMSIZE OR BIG CA FIRMS FOR ARTICLESHIP..........................

IT MATTERS A LOT WHILE PLACEMENT.......................AFTER CA.................

1 Like

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : CA VIRAG SHAH

PLEASE DONT DO ARTICLES IN SMALL FIRM............................OTHERWISE DO DUMMY ARTICLES.........

ONLY MEDIUMSIZE OR BIG CA FIRMS FOR ARTICLESHIP..........................

IT MATTERS A LOT WHILE PLACEMENT.......................AFTER CA.................

Righty said sir.......!!!!!!!

@ ! @

SSDN

V Chandrasekaran (Chartered Accountant) (256 Points)

Fact that "Nothing can be learned in small firms" is completely wrong.

In small firms, you have all types of work like Accounts maintanence for clients, Return filing works (TDS,

Service Tax), Registration matters (ST& VAT registration), Income Tax Returns (Salary, HP, Business,

Capital Gains), Companies & Trusts audit, Bank Audits, Stock audits, Certification Issues (Form 15CB)

Statutory audit of Companies, Tax Audits Etc., With this kind of exposure, you can survive in any

Industry (Banking, Manufacturing, Trading etc.,) . Also it will help you to prosper in practice.

Only disadvantage is that there is no RECOGNITION in industry and interviewer will definitely

come to know about your potential after interview. In Big 4, you can learn things relating to a particular

area like (Statutory audit, Taxation) whereas you can become all rounder if you do your articleship

in Small / medium size firms

3 Like

CA virag shah
I have joined a small firm as of now and i intend to take a transfer after T.Y exams...

1 Like

CA CMA CS VIRAG SHAH (9773395720) (759 Points)

@ POOJA :  YES..............................THEN PLEASE IF POSSIBLE DO INDUSTRIAL TRAINING..........................................

2 Like

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE ) (16719 Points)

join middle size firm                          

1 Like

IN SMALL FIRMS YOU WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO STUDY AS WELL AS PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE

1 Like

Originally posted by : aditya(ca learner)

IN SMALL FIRMS YOU WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO STUDY AS WELL AS PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE

i do hope to get time to study and I will try to get as much knowledge as possible.. :)

(Guest)

I am doin articles in small firm but not by choice,i don say i ve not learnt anything but it will help u if u r goin for practise in future...if wanna go for industry ,articleship in Big or medium size firm counts..

If u ve just started ur articles,u should ve a vision , regarding the area u want to work in future etc...

1 Like

i am also doing articleship from mid size firm . and i am also satisfied 

Rohit Arora (IPCC, b.com(h)) (190 Points)

if we think for good firms so there is compulsary to give both group of ipcc together...if we just give only one group with good marks nd then another group...then join articalship.

CA B.S.Sridhar (Chartered Accountant) (278 Points)
Replied 29 September 2011

It is very unfortunate to see a reply saying "Do a Dummy Articleship Training"... without knowing the importance of Articleship training. It is also unfortunate that students talk and decide about the capacity of the members/firms at the time of entering into articleship itself. I came from a remote area , did articleship in a small firm and was able to clear the exams. It is not that i am left behind in any of the areas. It is the person's willingness to learn only matters and not the place he is getting trained.

In my opinion, no matter where you do your articleship, it is the determination and willingness to learn are in built in a new entrant to the profession, even a person doing articleship from remote areas can do wonders in CA Exams. This is evident many a times from the past resuts of the CA Exam.

It is not that only Big firm's experience is good and rest all are waste...

You can see many people from Big firms fail and also people from small/medium firms have come out with flying colours.

Only the result matters.... 

2 Like

Kirti Bhauka (CA Final - Student) (109 Points)
Replied 29 September 2011

Originally posted by : V Chandrasekaran

Fact that "Nothing can be learned in small firms" is completely wrong.

In small firms, you have all types of work like Accounts maintanence for clients, Return filing works (TDS,

Service Tax), Registration matters (ST& VAT registration), Income Tax Returns (Salary, HP, Business,

Capital Gains), Companies & Trusts audit, Bank Audits, Stock audits, Certification Issues (Form 15CB)

Statutory audit of Companies, Tax Audits Etc., With this kind of exposure, you can survive in any

Industry (Banking, Manufacturing, Trading etc.,) . Also it will help you to prosper in practice.

Only disadvantage is that there is no RECOGNITION in industry and interviewer will definitely

come to know about your potential after interview. In Big 4, you can learn things relating to a particular

area like (Statutory audit, Taxation) whereas you can become all rounder if you do your articleship

in Small / medium size firms

Fully agreed with this...training in a small firm will give you exposure in all related matters...u'll be able to touch all areas as comapred to in BIG 4 where u'll b eresticted to specific one...U/ll have experience of individual return + tax audit + appeals, sctunity maters+ ROC + service tax+ TDS+ internal audits + stat audit...and many more...

So over all result is very beneficial....:)

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: