articleship/ imp or not?

Ashish Gupta (28 Points)

10 May 2007  
hi everybody out there,
let me introduce myself.

i,m ashish, a student with excellent academic record. scored 89 in X, 89 in XII and 87 in ty final. i've secured 60+ in pe2 entirely on self study. my father had a severe cardiac arrest in mid-oct. as a result i could not manage a rank. well. given the circumstances i'm satisfied with my results.

as of now i've started my articleship in a mid-size ca firm. the respone frm the same has been disappointing. i've been made to sit for 3 mnths. i did try to get some work but a la fin i was given the job of sorting files. But ther's some hope as bunch of fellow articles would be going on their study leave and i would get some meaningful work.

but one thing is certain that i'm not getting the right exposure. after becoming a CA i have no desire to enter into practice. i would like to enter  an industry.

my query is whether the experience gained during the articleship will determine my success or failure as a CA- employee.

coz if this is not the key factor than i would not think of getting transferred. i would have time to concentrate on my ca final studies and probably  join some other course as well.

but if this is not the case than should i trnsf? How would i know that the new one will not b like the former.

pls do guide me.

with rgds,
ashish.