Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Articleship Confusion

Sombir Singh (Student) (102 Points)

28 May 2008  

HI every body. I m doing my artcleship in a vry small firm. Now i m confused about my career. What will i do. Can i take transfer or will continue. my firm Has only book keeping. We will do all work on behalf of party.

Kindly help me. Mail me at talk2sombir @ gmail.com

Thanks  in advance

12 Replies

DMC (Student) (364 Points)
Replied 28 May 2008

There must be some other work like Tax Audit, Return Filing, VAT Audit, Sales Tax Returns, Service Tax Returns, Society Audit, TDS Returns, E-filing etc

If you are just passing jounal entries then I think you must quit and join a better firm.

tutubo newmai (student) (30 Points)
Replied 28 May 2008

If you do only Book Keeping, then leave that place my dear friend because even all clerks everywhere are now getting tired of only "Book Keeping"................

Shreyalmuri (CA Final) (236 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

Hi Fd,

If ur coming from CPT i.e. with out any basic knowledge on accounts,audit & IT, its better to get well in maintaining book-keeping as they r the basic foundation. And later a span 6months U can transfer to any good firm where ur can see into the Various audits and other legal workings in case of IT, VAT, TDS, ST etc.,.......

If ur coming from a grauation course and passed the PE2 then its better to lookafter a good CA firm.....U can search for vacancy from this CAclub or @ institute or through fdz.........

Good Luck.......

And make the difference in things.......

Divya sharma (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (250 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

HELLO

WELL I AGREE WITH THE OTHER REPLY THAT IF YOU ARE CPT YOU NEED TO HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND ALSO SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK OF THE CLIENT AND THAN IT INCLUDES EVERY THING I MEAN LOOKING AFTER IT'S VAT , TDS AND OTHER SERVICE TAX REQUIREMENTS (IF ANY) AND ALSO OTHER STATUTORY FORMALITIES WHILE MAINTAINING BOOKS OF ACCOUNTS .

SO KEEP GOING BUT IF IT'S NOT LIKE ABOVE THAN QUIT AND TRANSFER BUT THAT ALSO AFTER GAINING LITTLE KNOWLEDGE AFETR 4 /5 MONTHS

Divya sharma (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (250 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

HELLO

WELL I AGREE WITH THE OTHER REPLY THAT IF YOU ARE CPT YOU NEED TO HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND ALSO SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK OF THE CLIENT AND THAN IT INCLUDES EVERY THING I MEAN LOOKING AFTER IT'S VAT , TDS AND OTHER SERVICE TAX REQUIREMENTS (IF ANY) AND ALSO OTHER STATUTORY FORMALITIES WHILE MAINTAINING BOOKS OF ACCOUNTS .

SO KEEP GOING BUT IF IT'S NOT LIKE ABOVE THAN QUIT AND TRANSFER BUT THAT ALSO AFTER GAINING LITTLE KNOWLEDGE AFETR 4 /5 MONTHS

Murlee (Professional) (204 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

You should change your articleship immediately if there is only book keeping work, because you will not get enough exposure to work that is  required after ur becoming a CA.  It may so heppen that u don't know enogh about the work in ur office, so first know that and then take a proper decision.  

r.venkat raman (Article Student) (52 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

Hello Friend,

It is always to prefer the firm where u will be get extracted more in terms of every aspect, as far as ur firm is concerned what u will be benefited by book keeping. Better shift to the firm where u find all kinds of work.

Best Luck

Raman

Athul (Student / Article Assistant)   (71 Points)
Replied 29 May 2008

Hey Friend....

Never worry about what you are having.... Even though its a small firm there may be something to study from there... Remember "TheBig ones are not created in a day".. Sometimes you may be key for your firm.. Study well and go for it

(Guest)
I think you can stay with this firm if the work load is not much and you get a lot of time to study. Then it can be profitable
(Guest)
I think you can stay with this firm if the work load is not much and you get a lot of time to study. Then it can be profitable

Anu (CA) (270 Points)
Replied 30 May 2008

concentrate on clearing exams ... expereince aata rahega ... exam clear karna matlab bahut badi tension relieved ... expereince agar lena bhi hoga to 6 mnths laga lena kahin .. exams clear in first attempt - TOP PRIORITY

Kanti Suthar (53 Points)
Replied 02 June 2008

firm size not mattered. first clear exam

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register