Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Appointment of cost auditor

Avneesh Mishra (CS Trainee)     25 July 2014

Avneesh Mishra
CS Trainee 
 14 likes  502 points

| My Other Post

Dear All,

Appointment of Cost Auditor required a resolution to be passed at AGM by Shareholders or it can be appointed in any of the Board Meetings???

Regards,

Avneesh Mishra

avater

Avneesh Mishra
CS Trainee 
 14 likes  502 points

View Profile | My Other Post

14. Remuneration of the Cost Auditor.- For the purpose of sub-section (3) of section 148,—

1. in the case of companies which are required to constitute an audit committee—

(i) the Board shall appoint an individual, who is a cost accountant in practice, or a firm of cost accountants in practice, ascost auditor on the recommendations of the Audit committee, which shall also recommend remuneration for such cost auditor;

(ii) the remuneration recommended by the Audit Committee under (i) shall be considered and approved by the Board of Directors and ratified subsequently by the shareholders;

1. in the case of other companies which are not required to constitute an audit committee, the Board shall appoint an individual who is a cost accountant in practice or a firm of cost accountants in practice as cost auditor and the remuneration of such cost auditor shall be ratified by shareholders subsequently. 

avater

Vandana J Doshi (Practising Company Secretary)     25 July 2014

Vandana J Doshi
Practising Company Secretary 
 1976 likes  12557 points

Hi Avneesh....you have yourself answered your query....only remuneration of the Cost Auditor is to be ratified by the shareholders in the GMs.....

1 Like
avater

Avneesh Mishra
CS Trainee 
 14 likes  502 points

Yes Ma'am smiley

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion