ICICI

Any Special provision for NRI to became director of Company

arun sharma (student)     04 December 2009

arun sharma
student 
 38 likes  325 points

| My Other Post

Our client has made a Company in 2007. There are only two directors in the Company both are Indian but for last 5 years having taken the green card at  Malashia and residing there. At the time of incorporation of the Company , they have disclosed their status as resident and not NRI.

After that, they have purchased the AgricultureLand in India and payment have come through NRI A/c in foreign currency and except this, there are no activity in the Company.

Now we have to do the Audit and prepare the ROC record of the Company, pls inform us that

1.      whether there is any requirement to obtain the permission from the RBI to transfer and invest the amount into India.

2.      Whether NRI can become the director of the Company without any permission or there is any requirement to obtain the permission to Incorporate the Company in india or not.

Waiting for the reply

avater

SHAYVIDZ Academy (Mentor at SHAYVIDZ Academy)     10 December 2009

SHAYVIDZ Academy
Mentor at SHAYVIDZ Academy 
 687 likes  3700 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Arun,

do let me know da answer too, if u get ur matter resolved.. coz i hv da same query too...

thanks..

avater

CS MD Osman Akthar (Company Secretary & CA(Final))     12 January 2010

CS MD Osman Akthar
Company Secretary & CA(Final) 
 2 likes  78 points

Dear Arun

Who purchased the Agri Land ? Whether its Co' -or- Drectors personally ?

You mentioned that payment is made from NRI account that is Director's pesonal A/c is n't it ?

Purchase of Agriland by NRI is a restricted Item, carefully look in to it.

The Co' is Indian Company and its bank account also Indian Account only no restiction if Co purchase land in its own name, .

Regarding land deal you need to comply RBI regulations.

Regarding diectorship for NRIs there is no significat restrictions.

Regards,,

avater

CA. Anuj Gupta (Practices in NRI Int.Tax FEMA TP FDI/FIPB & FCRA)     05 July 2011

CA. Anuj Gupta
Practices in NRI Int.Tax FEMA TP FDI/FIPB & FCRA 
 446 likes  6977 points

RBI should have been informed in the said case and since the purchase of land is involved , the same should be imediately informed to RBI and its instructions should be followed.

Anuj

0-9810106211

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »