Annual Return Error

I filed monthlyGSTR1 and 3B for Apr20 - Dec20 (9 months).

Then I opted for Quarterly and filed March 21( left Jan'21 and Feb'21 as they are optional).

I get this error while I tried to file GST Annual return for 20-21

"To file your annual return, filing of all GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B returns are mandatory. File your pending GSTR-1/3B return(s) and try again"

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a common error encountered when filing the GST Annual Return (GSTR-9) for the 2020-21 financial year. Users opting for the QRMP scheme and filing monthly GSTR-1 and 3B for certain months, then quarterly, are receiving an error stating that all GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B returns must be filed. It appears the GST portal may not yet fully accommodate the QRMP scheme for annual return filings, leading to this issue. While the problem might be resolved by the GST authorities in the coming months, seeking advice from your CA for reconciliation is recommended.

Ple contact ur CA for a complete reconciliation.

I am getting same error.

It seems that GST portal is still not modified to account for QRMP scheme and hence keeps thinking that we have not filed JAN / FEB GSTR 3B return and keeps giving error.

Last year too (for 2019-2020) it was giving some template error. And then they rectified that error in June-July 2020.

So I think we can expect them to resolve this in next 1-2 month.

Finally GSTR 9 is open. And automatic figures for me mostly matched with only 3-4 Rs difference.

I didnt fill HSN (input / output) section as it shows as optional.

And then filed successfully.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details