An open questionnaire to MR Uttam Agrawal n coming icai prez

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

17 September 2009  

Respected ICAI president(i dunt guarantee the respect;just a formality),

a) HAs your so called anti-dummy march 27 announcement done any good to curb dummy articleship? From now on, students will directly become dummy instead in last 1.5 years of articleship. IPCC students are much smarter than CPT students and they know what they will be facing in hectic schedules with mean,openly insulting principals.

b)I think you made the announcement not to curb dummy articles; but you had stated "hardships faced by members when students take transfer to go smaller firms with less work pressure". Is it necessary that lesser work pressure means dummy. I allege that ICAI thinkthank got this terribly wrong or it was deliberately used by you and CCM to curb transfer just to satiate members' votes as the elections were coming in 2009.

c) I can guarantee some CAs might be happy; but i have met and talked to many CAs who are irritated by this rule. Suppose; he has an article who is not working that much; its not in his capacity. In earlier cases; he would tell him to go to other firms as he didn't fit in his office. As per the recent rules; he will have to continue to keep the person. The only way to get rid of him is to make his articleship nil.

what logic does that make.Suppose he has worked 2 years properly. But now due to family,financial, problems he is not able to sit overnight or work for long hours. CAs may be mean; there are very few members who would wish to play with careers of budding CAs ie students by making their articleship nil.

d) I feel that ur rule is like POTA. Largely hyped in the beginning, but ineffective,against human rights; offen affecting the innocent students, made ambigous so that the authorities ie you can manipulate it to your own wish.