An Old(but gold) Story

An old man lived alone in a village. He wanted to
spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work.
His only son, who would have helped him, was in
prison.

The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned
his situation:

Dear Son,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't
be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to
miss doing the garden, because your mother always
loved planting time. I'm just getting too old to be
digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my
troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot
for me, if you weren't in prison.

Love,
Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For
Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden!! That's
where I buried the GUNS!!"

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and
local police officers showed up and dug up the entire
garden without finding any guns.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son
telling him what happened, and asked him what to do
next.

His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your
potatoes, Dad.. It's the best I could do for you from
here."

Moral:

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE
DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DEEP FROM YOUR HEART YOU CAN
DO IT. IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT MATTERS NOT WHERE YOU
ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.

~# ! M~

Replies (1)

gud post...!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details