Am an engineer and want to pursue ca

Hi, 

I am working in an engineering industry for the past 10 years.  I am 35 now.  I have a great passion towards accounting.  Wanted to know if some one can help me on the following:

  • Am I too old to pursue CA
  • Will I possible to complete the CA course while working
  • Could some one help me know abt the exams I need to take

Thanks in advance,

Chaits

Replies (2)

First of all i apreciate your passion. nothing is impossible. there is no age limit for learning. Dont be negetive, be positive you can do it. But  i dont think  you cant do it while working. While undergoing 3 years articleship training your working hours shall not clash with your company's you are presently working. For furthur details check this link   https://icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=5719&c_id=313

I dnt think it will be good for u to change ur profession when u r frm a different field.... And c.a. is the most diificult course in commerce stream.. So according to me u shall not try to walk in two diff paths. Yes if u want to do c.a. Seriouslly, then u will have to leave ur engineering and completly concntrte on c.a. Only......

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details