ICICI

All you need to know about career in finance analyst

Disha Desai (Finance Professional)     11 June 2015

Disha Desai
Finance Professional 
 8 likes  173 points

| My Other Post

With changing times the outlook of students towards higher education and choosing a career path has changed tremendously. Over the years, a number of new avenues have opened up for those who seek to pursue their passion for certain subjects. Finance is a key area where new courses and training programmes have come up. There are number of institutes which offers financial analyst course in Bangalore.

The job of a certified financial analyst is to provide analysis reports from data sheets in order to benefit the business of his clients. There are a number of skills that are required to pursue a career as finance analyst. Among them include attention to details, inquisitiveness towards numbers, good interpretation skills, dexterity with mathematical formulae, team working skills etc. Finance is a subject that is meant for those who harbour a keen interest in numbers and a genuine passion for finance.

• In order to pursue a career in finance analyst, you will have to have a keen curiosity towards numbers. As a finance analyst you will be expected to analyse large data sheets of companies to help them identify trends and progresses that can benefit their business. A lot of companies use this data in building strategies to enhance their sales and target customers.

If you think you have all these qualities that are needed for becoming a financial analyst, you must enrol for a course in financial analysis. There are also companies that take on fresh graduates on board and train them to acquire the necessary skills. Besides soft skills, you will be expected to have a quick grasping power. You can also take up a certification course on financial analysis. If you have some experience, a certification course can act as an edge for you. 

avater

Manish Dhalla (Article Assitant)     11 June 2015

Manish Dhalla
Article Assitant 
 2 likes  102 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Plz provide the procedure for doing cfa for me, I am ca final student & my training is already complete only exam r left

avater

Disha Desai (Finance Professional)     15 June 2015

Disha Desai
Finance Professional 
 8 likes  173 points

Hello Manish,

The CFA degree is awarded by the CFA Institute and to attain this degree, a candidate has to clear 3 levels of examinations known as Level 1,2 and 3. To be eligible to enroll for this degree, a candidate must possess a minimum bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant work experience.

Hope you find the information useful :)

Individual (others)     24 September 2016

Individual
others 
 27 points

Hello Friends and seniors,

Actually I enrolled for CA in nearly about 6 years ago from CPT route and left the course in IPCC (without clearing) due to some stuff. I was diverted towards my family business. But since than I loved finance and accountancy. Even though I left CA I studied the FR and SFM paper which is in final and I loved it must. So any how I was in touch with the finance.

Now I want to make my career in finance. As our CA curriculum doesn’t provide much in accordance to Finance. I also came to know about CFA and FRM programs.

Since, the CFA program requires minimum Graduation and FRM only 12 completed as eligibility. So I request how I should start my journey in finance. Whether first to enroll for graduation with any distance learning programs and than CFA or directly join the FRM program or take some other courses or even first take some exposure in this field or weather its too late to start now.  Please also tell me the future after joining such courses. My age is 28 years.

Thanks in advance.

avater

Meghna Dunbar   18 June 2019

Meghna Dunbar

1 likes  43 points

CFA is the most coveted degree on finance which consists of 3 levels in total. Passing marks for CFA L-1 comes within a 35% to 45% bracket, in L-2 it increases to 42% or so, and in L-3 the passing marks increases between 45% to 55% or so. CFA is not only about stock markets, it covers anything remotely related to finance. CFA with an MBA is of global value, however, salary prospects outside India is higher due to the standard of living.

Subjects

CFA covers subjects such as Fixed Income Securities, Equity, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, Professional Ethics and Case Studies, Financial Management, Financial Markets, Mutual and other Funds, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Accounting and Economics in depth.

Eligibility

For CFA, you have to either be a graduate, or you must be in your final year of graduation. Apart from this, you can have a combined education and work experience of about 4 years. You also need a passport for registration.

Career

There are varied career options you can choose from once you become a CFA. You can work in the finance dept. of a company or in the risk dept., you can also work as an equity analyst, investment manager, portfolio manager, forensic auditor, etc. Mutual fund houses, private equity houses and hedge funds also employ a lot of CFAs.

It is very important to prioritize your education to move ahead in life. Apart from studying, reading novels (management and economics), keeping updated with current news and reading blogs like HBR and Forbes is crucial. Participation in management/business fests and debates is also necessary. Since there is no demand for mediocrity, you have to take your career seriously and invest in yourself.

To get an unbiased and experienced opinion on this topic, watch this video below of Aswini Bajaj who is a trainer, global consultant in delivering lectures on finance and public speaker.

ASWINI BAJAJ- CFA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here