Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

All Bank Accounts show "Validation in Progress"

Cs26kit (Mr. ) (69 Points)

11 August 2021  

Hi,

Someone please advise me. eFiling this year is a complete mess. Here is my issue.

I have 3 bank accounts & all 3 are showing "Validation in Progress" for more than 3 months now. There is no way to delete a "validation in progress" account & re-validate it. The new portal had auto-populated these accounts from previous returns & it is not even validating them or providing an option to delete & re-add.

Now, out of these 3 accounts one is Syndicate Bank which was merged into Canara Bank. I added Canara Bank account (which has same account number as Syndicate) & it was immediately Validated in about 5 mins. Now, here begins the problem. My profile shows 4 accounts out which 3 are forever "validation in progress" & 1 is validated.

When I try to file ITR-1, the Bank Account section asks to ensure that at least one bank is validated. It is then auto-populated with 3 bank accounts & one of them is Syndicate instead of Canara. The pre-validated Canara one doesn't show up (probably because it is duplicate of Syndicate which should have been deleted). All of the other 3 accounts can't be used for a Refund as they are still being validated & one of them, Syndicate, is actually dead (due to migration). When I try to deselect the Syndicate  account by disabling the option titled "Selected for refund" it again gets automatically selected as soon as I save the section & come out to move to the next section of ITR-1. It also appears in the Final Preview before submission.

So, in summary, I cannot remove the old merged bank account in profile. It then appears in ITR-1. I cannot deselect it in ITR-1. The validated bank account does not appear in ITR-1.

The other 2 bank accounts are working fine but are still being validated. 

IT Department is not giving any response. Kindly advise.

Thank you.

10 Replies

Samantha J (732 Points)
Replied 11 August 2021

Infosys at it's finest! You should send a bouquet of flowers to CMD !
Coming to your problem.
FORGET Profile validation!
Go to e-filing tab in portal .
Part A fill bank details .Ensure correct IFSC code and Savings account number OF Validated account number.Don't worry about NAME of Bank.Its never considered while crediting refund amount! It's immaterial whether it's Syndicate or Canara! Idli dosa Sambhar make the brain go awry at times!

Cs26kit (Mr. ) (69 Points)
Replied 12 August 2021

Originally posted by : Samantha J
Infosys at it's finest! You should send a bouquet of flowers to CMD !Coming to your problem.FORGET Profile validation!Go to e-filing tab in portal .Part A fill bank details .Ensure correct IFSC code and Savings account number OF Validated account number.Don't worry about NAME of Bank.Its never considered while crediting refund amount! It's immaterial whether it's Syndicate or Canara! Idli dosa Sambhar make the brain go awry at times!

Thank you for replying. I have already tried what you suggested i.e. about eFiling, not the bouquet :P (though the company cmd/ceo deserves brickbats instead for actually making the updated product childish & worse in every single way.) Anyway, when you go to eFile the return, in the 1st section which is "Personal Information" the Bank Accounts are already populated based on the Profile. But I am shown only 3 accounts instead of 4 (the old defunct syndicate one is shown & the new Canara with same account number is not shown). None of the 3 a/c shown are validated. "Validation in progress" for past several months. Only Canara is validated but is not shown. I hope you get the picture.

Now, when I try to add the validated Canara account *from the ITR-1 filing page* using "+Add Another" button.....guess what....I am taken back to the Profile bank accounts page in order to make the said addition but there it already shows that Canara account is present & validated. This is a joke. And I cant laugh.

Samantha J (732 Points)
Replied 12 August 2021

You did not read"Forget validation...". You did not read "Name of bank is not important".
Only care to take is that the bank which gets refund is selected.
Don't do anything with bank details!
Just continue with filing other information till last stage and take the preview of JSON.Check there the IFSC code and account number should be correct and should be ticked for getting refund if applicable!
For the travails you have been put to you must send a letter to FM with evidence as screenshot shot and suggest for this you would like to contribute some small amount so that the department may entrust the software job to someone else!

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1249 Points)
Replied 12 August 2021

This year most tax returns getting filed on new tax portal will be far from compliance as many will delete the bank accounts that are not getting validated. Why? Because the return may not be filed if anyone account stays invalidated.

Sad state for the country, the elected representatives and one software major firm has pushed the 9 crore public into grave danger. And to add to that, both the parties are not responding much.

Karun Menon (453 Points)
Replied 14 August 2021

I have a peculiar case,one account with SBI is featuring 3 times, one as validated other one also validated and the third One states validation in progress. One of the validated accounts when you click on bank details states not validated and the one which is non validated is shown in bank details as validated. ??? Moreover Two bank accounts closed few years ago is featuring in failed bank accounts. no response from anyone. can anyone suggest resolution.

Murali Nadarajah (154 Points)
Replied 14 August 2021

Now you can remove "Validation in Progress" bank accounts in order to re- validate. This option has been added yesterday.   

Karun Menon (453 Points)
Replied 14 August 2021

What to do with failed account, which I can never validate. Will it be an issue at the time of final submission.

Murali Nadarajah (154 Points)
Replied 14 August 2021

ReKYC your bank account and try. Make sure that PAN and Bank account details must match each other including your phone no. and email id.  

Amar Narang (21 Points)
Replied 26 September 2021

PAN NO AAFPN8801R..BANK ACCOUNT CLOSED 2 YEARS AGO COULD NOT BE REMOVED.I SUBMITTED LETTER FROM BANK ALSO.CURRENT POSITION NOT KNOWN OTHER BANK ACCOUNT NO. WRITTEN  INCORRECTLY ALSO COULD NOT BE RECTIFIED.ONLY INFOSYS COULD DO ALL.EARLIER .BANK SELECTOR SWITCHES ALSO DID NOT PERFORM. DURING RESUMPTION OF ITR ,LEFT OVER TDS CHANGED .THERE R SEVERAL SHORTCOMINGS.MR MURTHY,NILAKENI SHOULD HAVE STUDIED THE OLD PORTAL.

IT NEEDS SOFTWARE ENGINEER TO TRANSFER JSON FILES BY CONNECTING WITH OTHER WEBSITE.IT MAKES ALL NON SENSE .INFOSYS SHOULD KNOW THE CAPABILITY OF FILERS.ONLY INFOSYS EMPLOYEES COULD FILE ITR.EPORTAL SHOLD BE SIMPLE AND EASILYTO UNDERSTAND ,OPERATE.IT IS VERY COMPLEX AS COMPARED TO OLD.

nalini (accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 11 October 2021

Hi,

If you are still looking for answer to your bank validation my answer might help you.

to validate other two bank accounts you need to login to your netbanking and go to income tax filing option, there you need to check the box saying you allow for efiling services. It helped me to validate my bank accounts which were pending for almost a month.

Hope this helps!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register