AFTER MBA SHE LOVES BEING VILLAGE SARPANCH

This is an great news which appeared in the newspaper  which I would like to share with you all

After MBA, she just loves being village sarpanch

 

 

 

Jaipur: She has studied in top Indian institutes and even has a business management degree. But instead of choosing a corporate career, Chavvi Rajawat has become a village council head in Rajasthan and "is loving it".

"My desire to serve my village was the reason I fought the recent local elections," said Chavvi, who was elected a month ago as sarpanch in Soda, a small village of Tonk district 60 km from state capital Jaipur.

"My grandfather Brigadier Raghubir Singh was elected sarpanch from Soda for a record three consecutive times and it was his wish that I follow in his footsteps," Chavvi said.

A former student of Rishi Valley, Bangalore and Delhi's Lady Shri Ram College, Chavvi has a business management degree from Pune. But she does not miss the fast life of the city.

"It is only a month since I became a sarpanch. But I am loving it. I do not have any complaints about being out of city or corporate life and devoting my time to my village," said Chavvi.

"For me rural life is not new. I am quite used to it. I grew up playing with kids of farmers".

Dressed in jeans and T-shirt, and fondly called "baisa" - a term of respect in the local lingo - she spends hours daily with the villagers trying to sort out their problems.

"The villagers here have high hopes from me and I will not let them down," she said.

"I want to see this village on a fast development track. I know water is a big problem here as it has got high fluoride content. I will try my best to solve this issue," she added.

She said her other priorities are to provide electricity and get proper roads built in Soda

"I want villagers to work for the development of the village and not to spend time looking for help from others. Villagers have got used to things not working - I have already told them about this. I have to change that. I go on surprise visits and I am very happy that now even women are taking active part in the activities," said Chavvi.

"Besides spending time in village, I also help my family in running and managing a hotel we have in Jaipur," she said.

Rajawat also runs E-quest, a riding academy in Jaipur.

A woman of Soda village said, "Baisa spends time with us. She takes care of us and tries to sort out our problems. She helps us in taking right decisions."

But Chavvi says this is how far she wants to go in politics.

"I do not want to get further involved, in any capacity in politics. I just wanted to help my villagers and I feel this is the best way to make a difference," she said.

EARCH

Replies (1)

hey very cool fact. hats off..................fffffff........ 2 Chavvi

truly a gandhian work

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details