EASYOFFICE EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

After Graduation, is Passing CPT is Justified??

Page no : 2

Caclub Member (student) (215 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

i strongly disagree with the above views regarding cpt. cpt is the entrance exam for ca course. in all other professional courses like medical etc. irrespective of one's previous academic qualifications one have to qualify in the entrance exam(ie. pmt for medical , for example , even if one is a bioscience graduate). hence cpt should be compulsory irrespective of academic qualifications.

moreover i have personally seen many hons. grad in commerce , from naac accredited a+ universities , to fail in cpt . general education in india , is dominated by rote learning and suggestions . the situation is pathetic in most univ. and colleges . i do not want to insult anyone , but for all the good reasons , cpt is necessary.

1 Like

A.K.Banik (Tax Consultant) (1596 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

i support CPT  , My suggestion to ICAI that - in order to maintain Quality control , the cut off marks should be 140 out of  200 . I got 151 in my CPT Exam .

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

guys, let me just clear you. CPT was introduced somewhere in begning of 2007. And before CPT, person have to qualify for PE1. PE1 consist of 4 subjects.... and the size of books and pattern of paper was just same like in inter and final papers.

I myself didnt had the best short in one go, i cleared pe1 in second attempt. The paper use to carry full fledge question like in inter and final and passing rule was also same like in inter and final.

CPT have objective question... like u dont need to convince the examiner that your concept is clear.. and moreover if we compare both PE1 and CPT.... CPT is far easier than PE1.... still you guys saying that its harsh that CPT is for Graduates people??? My all friends cleared CPT in one go and it was their wording.... CA will be like MBa because Institute has made entrance papaer so easy that every1 is opting the course

A____ __A (Student All-ways) (275 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

ya its true guys. I have done CA after my Graduation and i had also given cpt examination..

Suvarna Goel (-) (351 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

PE1 was a 4-DAY, 400 marks exam. it CANT be compared to MCQ based 200marks CPT.

Nidhi (Senior Accountant export firm)   (49 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Dear all,

I am also in favour of the CPT Exams. There should always be an entrance exam for a professional course, If we feel that we are graduate, and we have that much knowledge, which we need to enter and pass the course. Than why we oppose entrance  exam ?  If we are eligible we can pass exam in one shot. why fear of entrance. 

Also we know that this is a professional course, a CA  profession is a profession of responsibility. so if we need to go through an entrance why fear for exam?

The point need attention is that fee should be less. it's high.

I would like to suggest ICAI, to introduce another CPT like exam before final, so that people who feel that they are educated enough equivalent to PCC / IPCC, can directly enter to Final course.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Sorry but i disagree with all of those rooting for cpt. CPT should not be compulsory. It is only meant to waste the time and money (not for those who opt after passing +2). If you think level of knowledge of CPT pass student is greater than a CMA or CS, then only thing i can do is laugh.  Do you really think a CS need to appear for CPT. The level of Mercantile Laws of CPT is tougher than faced by a CS, or do you think a CMA dont have any idea about Quantitative Aptitude and Fundamentals of Accounting then i have nothing to say. Think if a guy passing MBA from IIM has to appear for CPT.

In my view it is really unjustified if a CMA or CS has to appear for the CPT.

Nidhi (Senior Accountant export firm)   (49 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Dear all,

I am also in favour of the CPT Exams. There should always be an entrance exam for a professional course, If we feel that we are graduate, and we have that much knowledge, which we need to enter and pass the course. Than why we oppose entrance  exam ?  If we are eligible we can pass exam in one shot. why fear of entrance. 

Also we know that this is a professional course, a CA  profession is a profession of responsibility. so if we need to go through an entrance why fear for exam?

The point need attention is that fee should be less. it's high.

I would like to suggest ICAI, to introduce another CPT like exam before final, so that people who feel that they are educated enough equivalent to PCC / IPCC, can directly enter to Final course.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Sorry but i disagree with all of those rooting for cpt. CPT should not be compulsory. It is only meant to waste the time and money (not for those who opt after passing +2). If you think level of knowledge of CPT pass student is greater than a CMA or CS, then only thing i can do is laugh.  Do you really think a CS need to appear for CPT. The level of Mercantile Laws of CPT is tougher than faced by a CS, or do you think a CMA dont have any idea about Quantitative Aptitude and Fundamentals of Accounting then i have nothing to say. Think if a guy passing MBA from IIM has to appear for CPT.

In my view it is really unjustified if a CMA or CS has to appear for the CPT.

samrat (na) (62 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Totally agree with rahul sir I DONT NO WHAT ICAI THINK ABOUT OTHER PROFFESIONAL COURSES

THIS SUPERIORITY COMPLEX OF ICAI WILL DEFINATELY LET DOWN THE PROFESSION .

I AM ASLO FACING THE SAME PROBLEM IRRESPECTIVE OF CS FINAL STUDENT I HAVE TO REGISTER FOR THE CPT

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

No CPT should be there else there will be a lot who will come into IPCC and then it sould be difficult for then to clear. Earlier it was there to appear for enter or PEII directly if you are done gratuation but now its not.

I wont favour this approach even i would say if CA Inst allows the students to appear directly for IPCC then they should brought back the PEI, PE II scheme..

Abhinav Prabhudan (Student) (88 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

I just feel that the earlier scheme of PE - 1, PE - 2 and Final was the best ever scheme. Now although there is IPCC but the scheme should be made like that earlier one only. CPT is really a crap exam. It is just a simple MCQ exam n tht too one needs only 100 marks to qualify the whole exam and no need to clear the subjects individually. Earlier in PE 1 one has to qualify all the four papers. For CPT u can avoid the maths part n still score 150 or 130 which is respectable or just 100 can be scored very easily. In Nov. 09 attempt of IPCC which was the first IPCC exam a lot of students were not even able to get 10 or 15 marks in Costing n FM paper.... I have personally checked 40 roll nos. from here Raipur center n found that majority of students failed in Costing n FM n tht too very very badly not getting more than 20 marks. I think for Costing n FM one needs sound knowledge of Mathematical concepts n one needs to get them at some earlier stage. And for IPCC the preceding stage is CPT but most of the students avoid the maths part n still pass the exam. So they don't have any good base. I think instead of this MCQ type exam, exam like PE 1 should be brought back which help to prepare a good base.

Now regarding the topic I feel it is unfair n completely agree to Rahul Sir. One person here is talking about the entrance exam for Medicals etc. so my dear freind they have to take entrance exam because the seats in Medical Colleges are limited and it is just a way to cut off the competition n chose the best students of the lot n to allot the limited seats to such students who out perform others. So don't compare CPT to other entrance exams buddy coz they are way different in many ways.

A commerce graduate already have the knowledge n that too of all the subjects upto IPCC. It's really unfair to make him sit for this entrance exam of basic topics. It shoud be meant for students joining after school only not for graduates. N I would again say that CPT should be once again changed to PE 1 like exam if ICAI really want to increase the quality.

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8019 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Mr, Prakash.I am not saying to abolish CPT.  I am  just saying that at least after graduation, CPT should be exempt. Its just like retesting the knowledge and doubting the graduation knowledge which is the basic knowledge.

Also, I agree with you, the scheme of PE-1 and PEII is the best.

CA Shiv (Business Controller) (2987 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Well frankly speaking ICAI is giving up its status and Importance..... Its moving round the Money...

Schemes of PE-1 and PE 2 were better and practical.......I agree it should  be back again...

And CPT is like an entrance exams for CA.. that is very bad... There should not be any such type of exams for graduates and they already have that level of knowledge...

Even can have criteria that those who have cleared Bcom with 55% or 60%, can have exemption for CPT.

But nothing is gonna change thats forsure... Chill guys enjoyyyyyyy

CA Shiv (Business Controller) (2987 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Well frankly speaking ICAI is giving up its status and Importance..... Its moving round the Money...

Schemes of PE-1 and PE 2 were better and practical.......I agree it should  be back again...

And CPT is like an entrance exams for CA.. that is very bad... There should not be any such type of exams for graduates and they already have that level of knowledge...

Even can have criteria that those who have cleared Bcom with 55% or 60%, can have exemption for CPT.

But nothing is gonna change thats forsure... Chill guys enjoyyyyyyy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: