Advance tax for short term capital gain

If I sell Shares within 12 months of buying, I understand it is considered as STCG and I should pay 15%. But should I pay it as advanced tax at the end of that quarter or can I pay at the end of the year?

I got SMS that I need to pay advacned tax by 15th Sep but not sure I should be paying it. If it is all legal and I can by the end of year (without any penalty), I would like to do so.. Please give your opinion..

Replies (5)

It is to be paid fully as and when the STCG tax liability of the that quarter arises.

Otherwise interest liability gets attracted.......


 

Thank you sir!

Most welcome........

If your tax liability is more than Rs.10,000 then you are liable to pay advance tax by the end of the quarter.

That message which you received is a common push message from Income Tax department which has been sent to many assessees in common.

Yes, Mr. Abhisheik has rightly noted....... the general alets from department.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details