Additional interest on delayed refund?

Refund for AY 2017-18 was granted on  10th August 2018 WITH APPROPRIATE INTEREST THEN

Refund failed at CPC and asked for my compliance ( cancelled cheque and form to be filled).

I sent the details on 16th August 2018 by speed post . After that i realized that cancelled cheque with printed names are to be sent which i did. The second speed post reached them on 1st september (as per speed post tracker).  

My question is whether I am entitled for addional interest on refund from 1st sept  which is around  Rs1260  (1 % on 63k plus for two months)???    

Replies (5)

No. 

 

Thank you for your reply. There is a CBDT cirular  i found on net. Please tell me if it applies to me. I am up loading the same. 

Refund failed at CPC bcoz two refunds are going to same account ( My wife and mine).

I have complied with their instructions. Incidentally  the int rate of 0.5% for two months on  63k should be granted.  Please guide as to whether i should stake claim additional int.

Its difficult to proove in such cases that the refund failed because of no fault of assessee ...

Ok thanks. I wont claim additional interest but i have put in a greivance to give my refund at least as early as possible. 

Got reply to Greivance . It says there are demands pending.

It says log in to your e-filing portal  click  on the option "my pending items" then "outstanding demand data"  and reply .

I am finding this nowhere.  no demands are pending  as far as I know.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details