Easy Office

Accounting standards

Page no : 3

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)   (7290 Points)
Replied 15 January 2021

Residual value= asset cost/ end of life lower of CA or Fvlcd this should be the correct if the measurement criteria is correct).

Or else it’s simoly = cost of asset/sale value

This gives your the percentage of residual value from the total asset cost

No big case studied found because, IFRS, founder of IndAS also mentions that residual value is insignificant. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further queries.

MPR sanjay Kumar (CA student) (216 Points)
Replied 15 January 2021

If I passed my CA ipcc both group and having completion of articleship 18 months can I go to Industrial training ....????

Replied 15 January 2021

Yes why not because your English is good along with accounting module. This will develop your analytical and problem solving abilities.

Eligibility for ICAI Industrial Training 

1. A candidate who has passed the CA Intermediate or CA IPCC Examination (both groups) is eligible to serve as an Industrial trainee in any of the financial, commercial, industrial undertakings as may be specified by the council or such other institution or organization as may be approved by the council from time to time. 
  2. An article can serve as an Industrial Trainee amid the last year of Practical Training. 
  3. The candidate must intimate his principal at least three months before the date of commencement of ICAI Industrial Training.

Replied 15 January 2021

What is eligible ITC and ineligible ITC

Replied 15 January 2021

Sry. Taxation is something I don’t deal with. I deal with capital gains, corporate taxation in IFRS and IndAS only

1 Like

Replied 16 January 2021

In the above residual value formula, disposal is lower of ca or fvlcd as well, I don’t see much difference between NRV and fvlcd. Gn

Replied 18 January 2021

Can you please any one tell me why is mean by departmental accounting

Replied 19 January 2021

That is there n b.com and AS maybe .But it’s nothing but accounting for expenses and goods transfer. 

Replied 19 January 2021

Ok revenue does not include branch accounting- but AS 17 does as a business segment. Some expenses are partially allocated to enterprise and others are not. 

https://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/notification/pdf/AS_17.pdf

Replied 20 January 2021

Departmental accounting could also mean accounting for centralised and decentralised business reporting. Which ever saves money, either reporting financial data at the head office or branch level independently is  adopted. 

Replied 21 January 2021

A LTD . acquired 2000 equity shares of Omega LTD.on cum right basis at RS 75 per share.subsequently Omega LTD made a right issue 1:1 at RS 60 per share,which was subscribed for by A.totql cost of investments at the year end will be RS ??    

Options a) 270000 b)150000  c) 120000

Could you plse explain me this problem plse.

Replied 21 January 2021

This is consolidation chapter

consideration paid in cash= 2000₹ Multiplied by 75= 150000

rights issued= 2000/1 multiplied by 60= 120000

total cost of investment= Answer A

Replied 22 January 2021

could you please tell me how to find out the ratio .plse explain me with ratio  sums examples.what is the ratio for 2:3

Replied 22 January 2021

How to find out the ratio.could you plse tell me about the ratio calculation method..what is the ratio for 2:3 ?????

Replied 22 January 2021

You mean simply 2:3 or like ratio analysis, it is the proportion 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: