Accounting and Finance jobs

Does anyone know what is important for an MBA/MSc/CA acc & fin interview?

Does anyone know what is important in excel for an interview apart from v and h look up, pivot table?

 

 

Replies (11)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores key preparation points for Accounting and Finance interviews, particularly for MBA, MSc, and CA qualifications. Participants debated the importance of advanced Excel skills like macros and VBA, questioning why interviewers focus on these when formal education often lacks specific Excel training. The consensus leaned towards interviewers assessing fundamental knowledge and practical application, similar to how CAs are tested on tax and audit despite their certifications.

Macros and VBA are important apart from normal excel skills

@ Shubham Thank you

I can assign macros and create VBA calculators by copying codes and executing them. No coding. But, I just don’t get why they need excel? There are tons of formulas. Even CA/MBA classes don’t have excel training. 

They need excel as entire work is to be done on excel that's why proficiency in excel is required... CAs are proficient in excel as they learn it during there articleship

That is actually a good practice. But what about me? I didn’t do any articleship but did excel certification in NIIT. What is the guarantee that I will get questions from the things which I have learnt? Catch 22 situation again.

Actually I’m just wondering, why should I pass through excel interview questions when I have a certification? 

I will give your answer by a question....Why interviewer asks questions about tax and audit to a CA even if everyone knows it's more than a certification

It is true and a burden to remember. So, high paying companies always chosen colleges whose curriculum specifically matches theirs. So, colleges teach it off. But during an interview, interviewers look only for definitions and basic principles. Which is not possible to remember everything of course in all modules. Yeah, your correct, there is something wrong here. But optimistically, people attend interviews and they get selected? Or their college degrees have a secret code to recruit them? It is a mystery. 

Thank you for your participation.

Originally posted by : yasaswi gomes
Does anyone know what is important for an MBA/MSc/CA acc & fin interview?

Does anyone know what is important in excel for an interview apart from v and h look up, pivot table?

 

 

Take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX13uWEcaUQ

@ Alex Gaming

Thank you.

@ Alex Gaming

Thank you for the link,

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details