a CA. can do job as employee as well as continue practise???

Quick Summary
A Chartered Accountant generally cannot hold a full time job and practice simultaneously as per ICAI rules. A CA in employment must surrender COP. Part time COP may allow consultancy but no audit or certification work.

Mr.Rahul Gupta sir, Can a CA take Coaching Classes and Do Job together??? is it allowed By ICAI

agree with rahul

Mr Rahul,

I am practicing as a Proprietor in my owm firm, now i want to join another CA Firm as an Employee,

cai i eligible to do the same ??

I am a practicing CA (Partner in a CA firm). So can i join a permanent job in a privite co with COP.?? or I hv to surrender COP?

See this article for part time jobs for chartered accountant

https://www.sillyreading.com/2018/05/high-paying-part-time-jobs-chartered-accountant.H T M L

Can a govt employee who is CA get into practice
My wife is having over 5 years of experience and she is still practicing. She wants to now enroll her self into a job but every company requires a paysilp of last job. now how she can provide the payslips as she is working as a partner in the firm.
Please clarify me, I am doing job in icici bank. can i apply for cop and firm name registration ?
Is there any specific RULE to quote ?

Hello sir , I completed my postgradutation I'm 2013. Now currently am working as central government employee in CAG as a senior auditor since 5 years.. now I want to study CA course by direct route and I know the CA course follow up.. I have some doubts .. please calrify my doubts . if I complete the CA course, can I get the certificate of practice and join with my frnd partner firm ? Or can i get the partime time certificate of practice without quitting my current job ? 

Yes you can complete CA course and join as a partner after receiving COP from ICAI. But you cannot continue with your job side by side. There is no such thing as partial COP.

Hi I have small Doubt,

A CA is a sole proprietorship as well he is doing JOB. How ICAI institute know that he is doing both  . After Knowing to ICAI Post that what will happen to CA membership . Can u guide any one 

did you issue experience letter ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details