Easy Office

A/c doubt plz help

Page no : 2

Vijay (Adamo Studio) (2112 Points)
Replied 28 May 2011

Disagree with u sneha in this regard one cant use weighted average method eventhough that option is given because the increasing trend is nt steady we need a steady increasing trend to use weighted average

Originally posted by : Sunshine...

in the year 00-01 the opening stock  and closing stock both are overvalued-- so make the adjustments accordingly...

yes u are correct that u have to use weighted average method in case profits show an increasing trend....u can use that method and get the answer as goodwill = 21900

if this option is provided then that will be correct ... if u just got option of 17700 then u got no other choice right...!!

Regards
1 Like

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 28 May 2011

Thank u vijay i got my mistake..i misread the number of shares actually issued...thanks for the correction...

but in case of increasing trend  i still dont agree.. as far as what i have studied we need to use the weighted average method in case of increasing trends.....a steady rate is not practically possible......there has to be some fluctuation...i think we can deal with this problem using logic...........or did u read it in some book???i told what i learnt....... 

3 Like

Vijay (Adamo Studio) (2112 Points)
Replied 29 May 2011

I also haven't referred to any book, but as far as i remember my CPT here the increase in profit is 1000% instantly & later on the rate is around 15%. Steady in the sense not exactly eual but say 50-100% or say here 15-25%.

Still u might be right, I need to confirm from my Mihir Sir, wiil tell u later on.

Originally posted by : Sunshine...

Thank u vijay i got my mistake..i misread the number of shares actually issued...thanks for the correction...

but in case of increasing trend  i still dont agree.. as far as what i have studied we need to use the weighted average method in case of increasing trends.....a steady rate is not practically possible......there has to be some fluctuation...i think we can deal with this problem using logic...........or did u read it in some book???i told what i learnt....... 
1 Like

Akash (CA Final Article Assistant)   (1671 Points)
Replied 29 May 2011

Thank u vry much for solvin my problems

akash gupta (article) (127 Points)
Replied 29 May 2011

adjustedprofits will be-

1998-99                                             = 2000

99-00                         26100-2200= 23900

00-01             31200+2200-6200= 27200

now take the weighted avg of profits = 2000*1+23900*2+2720*3          =29867 

6

alternatively u can take simple avg.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: