A BIG SALUTE TO WOMEN !!!!

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)

27 March 2013  

HOMEMAKER, THE TOUGHEST JOB IN PLANET..

Only Women's Can do !!!

I remember, back in my school days when teacher asked me to brief about my family. I started off briskly with my dad, then about my siblings and finally ended up with my mom as housewife (homemaker) in dull tone. I thought being a housewife is easy & cool and that’s the reason behind dip in my decibel level. They can stay at home, watch TV all times, no home work, no exams and no pressure. But now I realized that being a homemaker is the toughest job in world. [I am writing this post by having my mom  in my mind].

So what is homemaker means? When I searched in google, I got this.

a wife who manages a household while her husband earns the family income

So simple, isn’t it? But it is not. Let me brief about the nature of job.

• Wake up at early morning. Clean the entrance using water 
  • Prepare hot tea/coffee for all your family members and wake them up from their bed
  • Run behind your kids and help them in bathing and get them dressed for school
  • Prepare breakfast and help the partner and children to get ready for work and school (if you have 2/3 kids then prioritizes which one to feed first. Fights may come and be prepared to tackle).
  • If you have small kids, take them to school and wave your hands till they disappear from your vision
  • Back from school, quickly have breakfast and start thinking for lunch.
  • Wash all the vessels and utensils which you used while preparing last day’s meal
  • While washing, simultaneously have chat with neighbors and give them free advice to sort out their family problems
  • Come back to kitchen and start preparing lunch
  • If you have small kids, take the lunch box to school and feed them
  • Watch noon serials and yell at the lady villain who tortures heroine and sob with her
  • While watching serial have your lunch
  • Take a nap
  • Get ready to wash all your family member’s clothes (my mom didn’t use washing machine). Get one for sure.
  • Again if you have small kid, bring them from school
  • Prepare snacks for them and undress their uniform
  • Take them to coaching classes, if any (Bring them back later)
  • Play with them, have a little chat about their day and help them in finishing home work
  • Start preparing dinner for all (if one don’t like particular dish then prepare different dish for them)
  • Again watch serials and cry with them and have dinner
  • Prepare milk and serve it to all before they go to bed
  • Put rice in grinder, if at all you planned to prepare idly/ dosa for next day’s breakfast
  • Clean the grinder and go to bed
  • Don’t forget to switch on mosquito repellent before going to bed

Till now, I told about the daily routine of a homemaker. Apart from this,

• You need to take care of finance of your family. You should be smart and frugal. You will be getting your partner’s full salary or part of it (depends on situation). In that, you need to get groceries, pay school fees, rent and other expenses.
  • Plan for savings (Very important)
  • Take care of anyone who is falling sick and take them to hospital
  • Do first aid, if anyone get hurt
  • Console crying baby and comfort demoralized partner
  • Remember all the things that other mentioned you and remind them of that event
  • Decorate home, take good care of garden and pets
  • Attend all school functions and help your kid to prepare for all competition and encourage them
  • The most difficult and important task is to try and stop fighting. You should not lose your temper and carefully take wise decision while stopping fight

There are also many things which I didn’t mention above. If you fail in any above mentioned points then it will directly or indirectly affect the growth and moral of your family.

Being a homemaker is like ruling a nation. Single handedly they should take care of all the departments and wisely should take the decision. My mom did this job without any complaints and still continuing to do so.

this is our turn to repay them. Don’t fail!!!

Courtesy: - Boopathi