80G carry forward

I made a donation to TTD temple trust in 2018. I was not taxable in that year, and therefore I hadn't claimed exemption. Now that I'm taxable, I would like claim exemption for this past expense in the ITR of AY23-24. Is this 80G donation carry forward allowed ?

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses whether a donation made in 2018, for which exemption wasn't claimed due to being non-taxable at the time, can be carried forward to the AY23-24 tax return. The consensus is that 80G donations cannot be carried forward, meaning the exemption for the past expense cannot be claimed in the current tax year.

A big nooooo
No carry forward is applicable

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details