Easy Office
LCI Learning

3 Books a CA student gotta read before he/she dies!

Page no : 3

Aravind.. (CA) (1262 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Originally posted by : Priya

48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers

33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene

50th Law by Robert Greene and 50Cent(author's name!)

Dont be book-worms guys and gals...read atleast these 3 books whenever You have time....

Felt like sharing with you all....

as far as this real discussion is concerned....

thank you priya for giving your suggestions to others....

come out with such new topics,suggestions more and more....

once again thank you.....

CA Jaydeep Bhowal (Service) (163 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Hey Priya,  if u write something or giving any suggestion or opinion that doesnot mean that every one should agree with u....u must have the capacity to digest any type of comment whether it is gud or bad....u should not take any comment personally....it is site for sharing knowledge and not showing each one's attitude or personal rivelry...

Second thing, as a human being, everyone try to improve their knowledge, confidence etc. either by learning, practical experience, discussion etc. So, that does not mean everyone should follow the same path. I m sure that more than 85% of CA didnot read those books. It is gud that u share ur knowledge and u should keep it up. Please don't take it personally if i say something wrong..... 

1 Like

(Guest)

As a CA student my priority are my subjects.

Enough reading, There is more to Life than adding unnecessary headache.

Something more creative is surely to look out for than reading!

Lone warrior..!! (Article Assistant) (623 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

GUYS i totally go with Priya no one has right to question one's integrity...

atleast she is kind enuf to share things with others....

Priya go ahead continue ur good work....

CA RUPESH LOHADE (Practice) (361 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

hey do u hv soft copies of dat........if yes den cn u plz mail me at rupesh_jain4 @ yahoo.com

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Priya..i'll read these books.definately..i found 33 strategies of War very interesting..actually CA is just like WAR...i mean how to strike deep and hard(During PCC & Final Exams)..what are entry strategies(CPT)..what are exit strategies..(After Failing Final repeatedly).....Tactical Strategies(During Articleship) ...so priya wants us to read this book ..thanx for sharing.

nIsHA........ (C.A. finalist:-)) (99 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

hey...wat does that books contain??...

Mohanish Aggarwal (B.com(H), CA ) (318 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

what are the books about?

(Guest)

wow...by the time i came from my studies and came to catch up...so many esteemed ppl have given their 2 cents o n me,my arrogance,what i shud do,how i shud behave,how i should be polite and proper,...wow!!! and all i did was share soemthing which i felt was in the best interest of ppl....trace back who started the fight...even if me and arpita fought...we are girls and girls fight...dont u guys fight?...and i forgot that long time ago and so many ppl give so much of yoru attitude...you preach em to be humble...right...and u do that with such loads of attitude....is this humbleness on ur part? think once...I help one and all..i ahve lots of friends..they like me for what im...i go out of way to help ppl...and get really emotional...but those who ahve accused me...touch ur hearts and say how many do u really help without seeking any thing in return for just the sake of sharing and helping?...

yeah...im not really humble..everyone has ego and if someone says i dont have then they are real liars....and i rellay like to express my thought...i also appreciate ppl ....but when it comes to attackign or caviling against someone ppl here in this forum come in hoardes as if they were waiting for an opportunity to snub somebody down and

if it is a girl...She has no right to be intelligent,brave,educated,beautiful and yet speak her mind up...this is sick i tell you and no wonder women everywhere spring up lot of fights,surprises,etc for u guys...EVEN in India whre the woman is treated like some commodity....

Im not some article or commodity to be pushed around...I dont give a fig abt ur comments...i will help those who ask me help and i will spank those who mess with me and this is what makes me PRIYAMANI...AND if I seem to attarct attention even for such non-issues..its good..ppl who were intended to eb benfifitted from my posts will read it and get beniftitted and thanks to this din here by losers...you are doing a great job by such negative adverts/.....for me and ...yeah..im selling detergent soaps in this forum..everyone buy one RIN soap..you get  study materails ffree from me!(only direct taxes) hahahaha!

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Chirag
As a CA student my priority are my subjects.
Enough reading, There is more to Life than adding unnecessary headache.
Something more creative is surely to look out for than reading!

wat wud u do when the very ca books alone u read become a headache?

wud u not try to intellectually stimulate urself for ur own good...than roaming around with friends,fagging and doing all sorts of things to relax urself? intlellectual relaxation is class apart...

its ok if u want to just clear the exams and be done with studies...your attitude towards life determines ur altitude....dont take it personally...im just using ur comment as a general thing to showcase a typical CA student....

Ankit Shishodia (student) (46 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Originally posted by : Suresh M

Originally posted by : Arpita

Priya, Are u really a student....some of your posts says that you have already given 2 attempts & you flunked....some says that u are still studying...if you have already given exams how come u are still studying...
Further ur posts expresses that u want that people should open ur topics so that either ur points gets increased on Caclubindia or caclubindia's hits on internet gets increased...so that caclubindia can negotiate better from advertisers.

As a CA Final Student - I would like to ask a question here...
Do I need to evaluate with anybody here what I need to post it in CA Club India?  
Do I need to post / share information after passing the inter / final?
As for as my understanding, it is a professional net work where we can share the professional information, the same can be used for our study, job and life as well.
IT IS NOT OUR RIGHTS TO POINT OUT SOMEONE'S PROFESSIONAL STUDIES.  

quite right.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Aravind

Originally posted by : Priya

48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers

33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene

50th Law by Robert Greene and 50Cent(author's name!)
Dont be book-worms guys and gals...read atleast these 3 books whenever You have time....
Felt like sharing with you all....

as far as this real discussion is concerned....
thank you priya for giving your suggestions to others....
come out with such new topics,suggestions more and more....
once again thank you.....

yep aravind u got the point...stay with it...and thnxs...:)

Waiting! (PCC) (40 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

yes priya you are right! I have seen many CA students who dont show interest in reading other books at all!! and i have seen even CAs who speak pathetic english! This is because we never even get an idea to improve ourselves! This is the site.. this is the platform to consistenly improve motivate develop and inculcate the same and not to fight over ones studies.Once a CA student, he is a CA student no matter whether he is a cpt student pcc or final.Afterall we are all here to help each other arent we!! And all she has done was just a trial to share her knowledge and it should be applauded and should not be codemned or critised. I think we all should read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. lol.Regards

Disclaimer : "Am not finding fault with anyone here" ( I dont know why i need to write this statement!! The site has become a platform to fight.)

Replied 12 January 2010

and priya " ignorance is a bliss" .just go on with your work!! :-) Take the compliments and just ignore the criticism..:-)

Replied 12 January 2010

I got the books too!! :-) Thanks for sharing!! :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro