15th Lok Sabha Elections

Aditya Jain (Final (New) November 2011)   (763 Points)

08 April 2009  

Hello,

There is a big confusion over here in my mind and probably many minds.

1. I hear a lot about voting for BJP or Voting for Congress . Is it actually voting for BJP(and not NDA) and is it that we ve actually got to vote for Congress (and not UPA) ?

2. And why are the parties which are not so popular ... like Telugu Desam and Muslim League and other small parties standing out independently for elections, cuz even if they get the majority votes by some miracle , will they be able to run the government with just bout 5 to 6 seats in the parliament ?

3. When i go to vote to an electronic voting machine will i have the option to vote for a party like BJP (or NDA) , Congress(or UPA) or i ll be required to vote for a MP ? Like if i prefer to vote for Congress then i ll have to vote for an MP who is representing Congress and i cannot vote for congress directly?

4. Its estimated that this time 714 million people are expected to vote (a 43 million increase) . So in case we have to vote for a party, how will the majority be decided ? Will it be a  majority on the base of number of people ? Like it 120 million people pressed the button on voting machine for congress and its the higher so congress wins (or) it depends on the number of MPs voting for a party (if so is the case then ofcourse MPs will vote for their own parties and not other parties and as a result the party with most number of MPs will win. This 4th is really the most confusing .

I pls request everyone to make an attempt to explain the above questions . If you cannot explain all the 4 atleast reply to any question you are pretty clear about . Thanks everyone . Kindly mention the question number to which you are pretty clear and you are answering .
      Thanks everyone for attempting to reply.