"To Me What Is The Value of Thanks "

Thanksgiving is coming and as a family, all my relatives gather together to celebrate life and our love for each other.

Last Friday I took half a day off to get my hair cut and colored in preparation for the big event. While waiting for the highlights to set, I happened to pick up a magazine looking for a recipe for something new to bring to dinner. Without realizing it, I landed on a page that had an article discussing making a list every day of at least 10 things you were thankful for. I was intrigued and read on. I was so inspired, I decided to make my list when I got home and re-read it that night before I went to bed.

Sounds easy enough, but how often do we focus on what we are thankful for, really? Could this be a new way to look at the holiday of Thanksgiving - as a day to remember what we're thankful for?

Here's what I wrote and I will modify and add to it each day.

  • I am grateful and thankful for my family. My dear sweet mom, my brothers and sister and their families.

     
  • I am thankful and grateful that many of my relatives are still here on earth,

     
  • The love of my life, Hank - I cherish him, for his never ending optimism, for loving me and his gusto for life.

     
  • My friends, each one special and dear to my heart, some live close and some far away

     
  • My friends and visitors to Motivating Moments, each one full of life, love and kindness

     
  • My 22 year old cat, Smoky. Her call in the morning to awaken me and constant conversation during the day keeps me in tune with the angel inside her.

     
  • My neighbors, both old and new - helping hands and hearts no matter what.

     
  • I am thankful and grateful for a kind man named Larry who helped me so much yesterday. Thank you for all you do.


     
  • I am thankful that I am healthy and strong willed, inquisitive and smart. I am thankful that I can feel my emotions pretty easily and that I try each day to be kind and loving, understanding and patient.

     
  • I am thankful that I have the privilege and honor to be the "Unofficial Ambassador" to the world through Motivating Moments.

     
  • I am thankful and grateful to my friend Steve Maraboli, who believed in me, even when I did not believe in myself.

     
  • I am thankful and grateful that I lost a business. From this experience I learned humility and pain do not last forever and from the ashes of failure, you can arise again and achieve success.

     
  • I am thankful that I can connect with so many people and help bring out the best in them.



     
  • I am thankful that I have enough food to eat, clean air to breathe and clean water to drink.

     
  • I am thankful that my house is also a home and that it's a warm place for all to gather.

     
  • I am grateful for the sun that shines, the rain that falls, the snow (well I have to keep working on this one).



     
  • I am thankful and grateful for all that I have experienced in my life - both the good times and the bad. Through the laughter and tears I have become a better person.

     
  • I am grateful and thankful that God has allowed me so many years here on earth. I hope she will continue to give me lessons to learn so I may share my experiences with others.

     
  • I am grateful and thankful that I can contribute to society and feel empathy for others who are hurting.

     

So you see, I have a lot to be thankful for. I know you do too. If you can take whatever has come into your life and be thankful for the experience and the lessons it was meant to teach you, your life will become easier

Replies (2)

sir,

 I am in full of problems.Please save my family and me.Please help me to restand on my feet.

 My email i.d:ramspolimyna @ gmail.com

 

Sumit also say like this :

"I am grateful and thankful that I contribute to society."

Thanks for nice sharing. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details