!..angry birds - learn from it ..!

Sanket (!..Live to Give..!) (16427 Points)

21 November 2012  

When I first saw the Angry Birds game I thought "Geez, it looks like the most boring game ever!"

But they have spread like a virus.

Angry birds' toys, angry birds' cups, angry birds' snacks... They were everywhere!

One day even my mom who knew nothing about this game brought from the store 2 birdies t-shirts 'just because they are cute'.

So when I got an PC, the first game I downloaded was Angry Birds just to see what the fuss was about...

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm on level Surf and Turf - 19 anxiously goggling 'Surf and Turf - 19 walkthrough'.

So, what's the moral?

It doesn't matter why exactly the game has become so popular. May be it's because of cute birdies, or cute piggies, or their silly laugh.

What matters is that we can see how one idea can become successful. The company was developing games for 6 years and in 2009 they had a breakthrough - since the first release of the Angry Birds the game was downloaded more then 1 milliard times!

- When you write a book you never know if it will become a bestseller.

- When you launch a business you never know if it will prosper.

- When you start something you never know how far it will get you.

But your job is always the same.

It's ACTION.

Don't overanalyze every single idea you have. Start small and see where it goes.

Don't get stuck in the 'planning stage' and don't wait for 'the perfect moment'.

The perfect moment to start is always NOW.

Remember, there's no time like NOW: the present is your gift.

Don't waste it!  smiley