StCBs/CCBs - List of Terrorist Individuals/Organisations -under UNSCR 1267(1999) and 1822(2008) on Taliban/Al-Qaida Organisation
December 15, 2009
The Chairmen / CEOs of all State / Central Co-operative Banks
List of terrorist individuals/organisations - under UNSCR 1267(1999) and 1822 (2008) on Taliban/Al-Qaida Organisation
Please refer to our letter RPCD.CO.RF.AML.No.4865/07.02.12/2009-10 dated November 9, 2009 on the captioned subject. We have since received from the Government of India (Ministry of External Affairs) copies of notes (copies enclosed) dated September 3, 2009; September 23, 2009 and October 22, 2009 from the Chairman of United Nations Security Council’s 1267 Committee regarding changes made in the Consolidated List of Individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida and Taliban as specified below:
- Amendments specified with strike - through and underline in the four entries to the Consolidated List and an update of the review of names of the Consolidated List as per Annex-I
- Amendments made through deletion of one entry and amendment specified with strike - through and underline in the two entries to the Consolidated List and an update of the review of names of the Consolidated List as per Annex-II
- Amendments made through deletion of the four entries specified from its Consolidated List and an update of the review of names of the Consolidated List as per Annex- III
2. State and Central Co-operative Banks are required to update the consolidated list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular RPCD.CO.RF.AML.BC. No. 34/ 07.40.00/ 2009-10 dated October 29, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circular dated October 29, 2009, mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said consolidated list are also available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer / Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this letter to our concerned Regional Office.
Deputy General Manager
Encl: As above