April 13, 2012
The Stock Exchanges
Sub: Processing of investor complaints against listed companies in SEBI Complaints Redress System (SCORES)
1. SEBI has commenced processing of investor complaints in a centralized web based complaints redress system ‘SCORES’. Pursuant to SEBI Circular no. CIR/OIAE/2/2011 dated June 03, 2011 on the captioned subject, all listed companies are required to obtain authentication on SCORES.
2. With a view to facilitate the online movement of complaints, it has been decided to mandate that companies desirous of getting their equity shares listed on the stock exchanges should also obtain authentication on SCORES, before Listing Approval is granted by your stock exchange.
3. You are, therefore, advised to ensure compliance of this requirement before Listing Approval is granted by your stock exchange.
4. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in.